If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

What game OST are you listening to?

Comments

• AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Sounds cool - can you share the link?
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I can't much beat the classics of 8-bit nostalgia.

Tetris, Super Mario Brothers, Legend of Zelda, you name it.
  • dart2087dart2087 New Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Lost Odyssey Original Soundtrack. :)
    I just finished my true HD Final Fantasy... Lost Odyssey.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited March 2011
    Currently listening to the Xenoblade soundtrack. It is most certainly exquisite. Heck, not only are the vast majority of the good tracks by ACE+ and Manami Kiyota, but very few on the OST as a whole are done by the better-known Yoko Shimomura. At least Yasunori Mitsuda did a little under a third of ARF's OST.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Sounds cool - can you share the link?

http://www.kirillpokrovsky.com/

They're on the right side of the page.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Finally got around to playing Touhou 12.8: Great Fairy Wars.

ZUN has put a couple of fantastic stage themes together that really go well with the game, including Year-Round Absorbed Curiosity, the Stage 2 theme, and A Midnight Fairy Dance, the Stage 3 theme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited March 2011
    Parasite Eve. By far one of Yoko Shimomura's best works to date.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Most recently the OSTs for Ninokuni and Romancing SaGa 2, by Joe Hisaishi and Kenji Ito respectively.
  • SombienceSombience Dweller on the Threshold Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Gave a listen once again to the Vagrant Story soundtrack the other night. Probably my favourite OST, nay, my fav symphonic collection of work period. Hitoshi Sakimoto is a genius.
    "The world you see with your eyes may well differ completely from the one I see with mine. There are many different worlds as there are observers. Never assume only those things which you can see or touch are real."
  • Tequila MockingbirdTequila Mockingbird Resident Cannibal Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Currently ~ Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon & Phantom Brave's ST
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Imported the God Eater OST, really liking Go Shiina's score, as well as the vocal tracks (including the two Alan songs)
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Recently I've been fixated a lot on the soundtracks for SimCity 3000 and SimCity 4. Jerry Martin is one of those talents that really doesn't get the praise he deserves.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Listening to the eclectic Crystal Bearers soundtrack
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
    edited April 2011
    Feathers Wandering Around in the Night Sky, Straybird's theme from Super Robot Wars L
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Listening to Songs from the Mojave Wasteland.
  • AndrewHallAndrewHall New Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    A different thread from plenty of others listed on this Forum.I still have Uncharted and Uncharted 2 on the main playlist. I'm a person that listens to a lot of movie musical scores and Uncharted is right up there with some of my favorites. I swear I'm looking forward to Uncharted 3 for the music as much as the game, assuming Greg Edmonson works on UC3 that is.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited June 2011
    I'm currently listening to The Last Story OST; enjoying it greatly, but I wish Uematsu's tunes were arranged differently.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • moroii1moroii1 Awww... how cute! Full Members
    edited June 2011
    Blinded by Light - FFXIII OST
    edited July 2011
    Randomly found a copy of The Last Story OST sitting in an Amazon UK warehouse somewhere so bought it and been listening to that all week, loving Uematsu's score.

Also imported a copy of the Xenoblade soundtrack which arrived today so hopefully give that a listen later :)
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    edited July 2011
    Persona PSP OST
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    Xenoblade is gorgeous...... I might pick up Last Story if I can find it for a decent price. Amazon.ca has it for $80 >_<
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited July 2011
    edited September 2011
    Thread necromancy!

With the latest Touhou game out, I've had to consider my favourite tracks from ZUN's latest music box. I think I've managed to narrow it down to two stage themes and two boss themes.

Stage 4 - Desire Drive
    Extra Stage - Youkai Back Shrine Road

Seiga Kaku's Theme (Stage 4 Boss) - Old Yuanshen
    Toyosatomimi no Miko's Theme (Stage 6 Boss) - Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator

The music for Ten Desires is interesting in that if you enter Spirit Trance during the game (Part of the scoring mechanics), the music changes to a lower sampled tune that pays more attention to the underlying rhythm, for example, Desire Drive (Spirit World ver.).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited October 2011
    I recently bought the OST for Pokemon Black/White, or as the CD case calls it "Nintendo DS Pokemon Black/White Super Music Collection." The music in the current generation is perhaps my most favorite Pokemon OST overall. It has a large vareity with many excellent songs.I know that just about every RPG (if not video games in general) has many composers working on them, but I'm still impressed at how many of them worked on the Black/White OST. The main ones are Shota Kageyama, Go Ichinose, Hitomi Sato, and Junichi Masuda. I espeically like Kageyama's tracks, though Masuda's battle themes are quite good, too.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited November 2011
    I've got the Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep & 358/2 OSTs enroute from Japan, but I've been listening to a couple of the tracks on Youtube to spoil myself. The BBS OST thankfully includes the Final Mix exclusive tracks, including Master, Tell Me The Truth and Forze dell'Oscurita. Dark Impetus is also fantastic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2011
    Currently listening to the soundtrack for Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. How is it that almost every soundtrack CyberConnect2 pulls out feels like it should be in a dothack game!?
    edited November 2011
    Takeharu Ishimoto's Final Fantasy Type-0 OST arrived yesterday and finally got an opportunity to listen to it now. It's very awesome.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    I too am listening to the Type-0 OST, and it is mindblowingly sumptuous!

Easily the best Final Fantasy OST since FFXII.

Ishimoto is a far more suitable FF composer than is Hamauzu.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • KaiserKaiser A smooth flow of thought Full Members
    edited November 2011

listening mostly to alundra and wild arms osts
    one of the best games with the best music in my opinion
    Trance Radiance Infinity

• LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited November 2011
    Feeling nostaligic these last few days and listened to some old-school rpg music. While doing that I stumbled on this beautifull arrangement of Silent zone, the Dezo theme of Phantasy Star II

Thought I should share this little gem :)