If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Borderlands Raises Level Cap With Free DLC

QuinQuin これはメタですRPGamer Staff
edited September 2010 in Latest Updates
Want to become even stronger in Borderlands? Don't worry, all you need to do is sit there and wait for this new DLC to arrive. You may polish your guns, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• LobsterLobster Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Great, so some people will be totally thrilled until they grind out another 8 levels and go right back to demanding a higher level cap again, only this time their skill point allocation will have even less significance.
  • ZoinksZoinks New Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Maybe they'll fix the mob level scaling, which has kinda been broke since the last big DLC.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I'd just settle for them stripping the DRM from the first two DLCs on Steam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Morgan19Morgan19 Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Interesting... So patches are called DLC now? :Oo:

m19
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I've been anticipating this since word leaked out that they had another DLC pack in the works. This is great news although I hope they really really do a good job of rebalancing everything because with all the DLC and the new cap it's going to be very trivial to max out 2/3 of the trees.

Also, it's worth noting that it sounds like without the Knoxx DLC (DLC #3) you'll hit the cap at level 58. But you should get the Knoxx DLC anyways because it's good stuff.

Oh and 9/28 release for DLC4? Genociding Claptraps is the perfect birthday gift! Thank you Gearbox
    Zoinks said:
    Maybe they'll fix the mob level scaling, which has kinda been broke since the last big DLC.
    Well the core game wasn't intended to be played with an additional 11 levels, so i'm not surprised and I expect this update will address that.
    MasterChief said:
    I'd just settle for them stripping the DRM from the first two DLCs on Steam.

That would be crazy awesome.
    Morgan19 said:
    Interesting... So patches are called DLC now? :Oo:

That's what I was thinking too. I think this site is the only one referring to it as "DLC".
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • QuinQuin これはメタです RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    It's content that's downloadable, right?

Yeah, weak excuse, apologies for poor wording, it really is just a patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Quin said:
    It's content that's downloadable, right?
    Only if it has actual new content and not changing numbers :p
    So long & thanks for all the fish!