If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dissidia 2

TiaelTiael MemberFull Members
edited September 2010 in Square Enix
dff.jpg

Lightning and Kain are set to appear in it, nothing about other new characters at the moment or whether all of the old ones will return, looks like Cecil and Garland still are though.
Will likely hear quite a bit about it at TGS later this month, as this seems like the title Nomura was teasing will be appearing there.

Comments

• DescaraDescara Fly Away Now Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Hm, Lightning? Sold.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited September 2010
    While I doubt the plot will do anything but send me into a rage, I would like to play some more, especially if they make the roster a bit more interesting. Opening the roster up to characters that aren't just the main protagonist and antagonist can get us some good characters outside of sword and spells (TIFA PLEASE).
    ClixPsi.png
  • TiaelTiael Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I'd like Gilgamesh, Leon, Galuf, Locke, Cait Sith, Irvine, Quina, Auron, Shadow Lord or Eald'narche, Zeid, and Balthier.

Yuna and Seymour would be interesting on the X side as well.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Heh. Not surprised. Opening up the roster would be smart, I thought it was pretty lame they only had one character from XI and XII.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited September 2010
    shoptroll wrote: »
    Heh. Not surprised. Opening up the roster would be smart, I thought it was pretty lame they only had one character from XI and XII.

Apparently that's because Nomura started thinking of Dissidia around 2001... So only FFI-X existed. Now... why they decided to still ignore the next seven years makes no sense, but the developers have tried to handwave it.
    ClixPsi.png
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Knew it was only a matter of time. Looking forward to a more diverse set of characters.
    edited September 2010
    Clix wrote: »
    Apparently that's because Nomura started thinking of Dissidia around 2001... So only FFI-X existed. Now... why they decided to still ignore the next seven years makes no sense, but the developers have tried to handwave it.

Well... not a whole lot happened in those 7 years :p

The roster would get big very fast if they included spin-off characters and ones from other projects like Kingdom Hearts.
    edited September 2010
    Hopefully they will just focus on FFI-XIV and get 2-3 characters for each.
    ClixPsi.png
  • omegabyteomegabyte Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    Sweet! I don't really care if the story was lame and mostly incomprehensible, there was hardly any of it there and the gameplay was so addictively fantastic that it doesn't matter. I think I put about 80 hours into the first one, and that was before it was even released :D

Can't wait to hear more.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I really groaned when all we got from FFXI was Shantotto...although an important NPC in some of the missions I thought that there were better choices like Lion, Zeid, Aldo, and Prishe. This is also not mentioning that the Shadowlord, the Zilart (Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche) and Gessho would make good additions to the dark side.

edit: Also if you're talking stages I'd love the Throne Room from FFXI...that would be a fun arena!
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited September 2010
    Shadowcat wrote: »
    I really groaned when all we got from FFXI was Shantotto...although an important NPC in some of the missions I thought that there were better choices like Lion, Zeid, Aldo, and Prishe. This is also not mentioning that the Shadowlord, the Zilart (Kam'lanaut and Eald'narche) and Gessho would make good additions to the dark side.

edit: Also if you're talking stages I'd love the Throne Room from FFXI...that would be a fun arena!
    I'll agree that FFXI has a lot of good stuff that could be added in. The Shadow Lord or Raogrimm, Zeid, Lion, etc. Would love to see more from all the games, honestly.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited September 2010
    Yeah. While I hope other series favorites like Kain make it, I hope most of the focus goes to representing FFXI-XIV.
    ClixPsi.png
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Macstorm wrote: »
    I'll agree that FFXI has a lot of good stuff that could be added in. The Shadow Lord or Raogrimm, Zeid, Lion, etc. Would love to see more from all the games, honestly.

As would I but I thought I'd focus on new things/other stuff. I believe people said spinoffs? I'd probably go with Ramza(FFT), and Benjamin/Hero(FFMQ) for starters.(can't think of anyone else cool off the top of my head)
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    FlOzXvF.jpg
    My VAPS Entry,
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
  • HooneyHooney New Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    sweet!!!! i really enjoyed part 1. glad they'll add more characters. but i kinda wanna at least keep the prot/an of each game though.......kinda to represent their game. but i don't mind the additional like kain and such. w00t!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Psst.... There's an thread in Last Updates about this news. Please take discussion there.
This discussion has been closed.