If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Japan getting Xbox 360 FFXIII.

MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything!Full Members
edited September 2010 in Square Enix
You knew this was coming.

Apparently the game will be in English with Japanese subs, and will not contain anything new in-game, instead simply offering Japan content that had only been for the US release, an easy mode (Does the game play itself?) and a story book.

I found this particularly amusing:
Square Enix producer Yoshinori Kitase told Famitsu (via Gamasutra) that the new version was spurred by the launch of the remodeled 360 earlier this year, which aimed to bolster the console's install base in Japan. "We feel that there are ... a lot of people in Japan who own nothing but 360s. Thanks to the new system and such, the situation's a lot different than it was in July 2008,"

Considering the Xbox 360 is almost nonexistent in Japan, I can't help but wonder if this is more MS writing another huge check. As with all their other checks in Japan, I don't expect this to set the 360 on fire in Japan.
"What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
-Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.

This discussion has been closed.