If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

See the Era of the Old Republic

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited September 2010 in Latest Updates
The Old Republic has many mysteries. Get a glimpse of one of them in this trailer.

Comments

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Holy crap.... this looks... incredible!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • scorpioscorpio Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    I sense great nerdgasms in the Force.

Yep... and I think I just had one.... where's the towel?
    edited September 2010
    Seriously, it looks like it may be the first successful attempt to pull me into an MMORPG. It looks like it has the single player epicness of Bioware's titles, with the online aspect. This could be seriously bad for my social life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • MeoTwister5MeoTwister5 Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    It doesn't matter to me. I have NO social life. =p
    edited September 2010
    MeoTwister5 said:
    It doesn't matter to me. I have NO social life. =p

I will soon be joining you. Luckily my brother is as psyched about this as me so we'll probably play together so thats cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited September 2010
    This game looks nice. It's a damn shame it's an MMO. I might have been interested in getting this game were that not the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited September 2010
    Man this trailer sounds so much more exciting than it looks. Listen to it without watching it once and you'll think it's a cool trailer for a movie. Then give it a watch and it's just another MMO. :(
    edited September 2010
    sabin1001 said:
    Man this trailer sounds so much more exciting than it looks. Listen to it without watching it once and you'll think it's a cool trailer for a movie. Then give it a watch and it's just another MMO. :(

Apparently we didn't watch the same trailer. Its so obviously NOT just another MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

• TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    Confessor Rahl said:
    Apparently we didn't watch the same trailer. Its so obviously NOT just another MMO.

Well, to me, it looks like a cross between normal MMO combat and Mass Effect's dialog system. Normal MMO combat isn't terribly exciting and I absolutely hated Mass Effect's dialog system. To be honest, I thought the trailer made it look horrible, so I'm surprised to see so much positive buzz about this one.