If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 144: "PAXCETRA"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited September 2010 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 144: "PAXCETRA"

RPGamer was at PAX and we tell you everything we saw and loved. We also get into the week's news which seems to be dedicated to games Anna cares about. And to wrap it all up, Sarah Williams has an interview with Tony Oliver, voice director of the US voices of games like Magna Carta 2.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/144

RPGCast streams live every Saturday at 12 PM Eastern / 9 AM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "PAXCETRA"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    Pinning this for a few days since it's PAXy and we haven't had a 'cast in a coupla weeks.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited September 2010
    No way, Tony Oliver! :D I loved him as Hibiki Tokai in Vandread! He seems to be more voice directing than voice acting these days, though.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    That was a fabulous interview with Tony Oliver. He seems like a really interesting guy. Awesome job, Sarah!
  • emechemech Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    As Im sure you know Valkyria Chronicles 3 is coming to PSP not ps3 but thats not why im posting

Regarding Rising Star (and you lack of knowledge of them) - they have in many ways risen (see what i did there) to be the PAL equivalent to ATLUS USA by translating niche titles to our territories. Without them us Ozzies (and Brits and others) would not have seen the likes of : No more heroes, Fragile Dreams, Half minute hero, harvest moon:tree tranquility, muramassa, little kings story, baroque or contact (amongst others)

As for rune factory 2 - i did not buy the first one locally becasue i knew the US had #2, and with reports that #2 is basically a directors cut of #1 I saw no point in getting both - and imported away. With 3 now out in japan I feel they may have missed the boat on this one. Still, happy that someone is bringing the niche titles down under (and across the sea).......

Edit: and Free Yggdra Union Offered being a US only offer also disapoints especially given the recent back-track.
    edited September 2010
    Thanks emech! Sounds like they are a definitely influence in the PAL territories.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    I feel for you poor PAL people, especially with the news that the 3DS may be region-locked. :(
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Eep! I need to catch up with the podcasts. How can you keep coming out with podcasts without my expert commentary to help you along?
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    Ocelot said:
    I feel for you poor PAL people, especially with the news that the 3DS may be region-locked. :(

Wait, WHAT?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited September 2010
    Reggie said the decision hadn't been finalized in an interview. Kotaku I think?

Edit: Here you go
    http://kotaku.com/5566671/nintendo-testing-healthiness-of-3ds-advising-young-children-to-avoid-3d
    He said the company was still determining whether games for the machine would be region-locked, so as to only play, like most console games, in systems sold in certain regions of the world. He noted that downloadable games for the DSi were the first games for Nintendo's DS line to be region-locked.

-----

Ahahahhahaha I totally just noticed Seraphim's title! :inlove:
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Holding a TWEWY meet in the same area as the DQ9 people sounds like a good idea, but it's NOT. You can only get 10 ESPers, Civvies, and Aliens at a time, and with that many civvies, you'd be lucky to get any ESPers at all.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I find it hilarious that Sony's moving away from region locking (PS3 and PSP games are region free, you just need to get the cards for each region's store) and Nintendo's moving to make even locked stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited September 2010
    I am a week behind, but there was a SaGa 1 remake, it was for cell phones though.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm