If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

TGS: Versus and Agito XIII gameplay footage leaks from fortress SE!

SiliconNooBSiliconNooB MemberFull Members
edited November 2010 in Square Enix
Here they are folks, get them before they're pulled!

The footage is fairly faded, but VS XIII seems to be quite a bit better looking than XIII. Also, it looks as though Agito has (1) an aiming reticule, indicating the ability for real time projectile attacks, and (2) an overworld of sorts where the game's perspective is zoomed out and you can ride Chocobos.
Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!

Comments

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Thanks!

Couldn't see the Agito trailer, and that has been my most wanted FNC title all along.

On to Versus, because I actually managed to see it. Looking great considering it was offscreen footage. Looks like it plays like an action game. I think this should look better than FFXIII, wich should be obvious. I wonder if you fight alone or if you will have party members with you a la Kingdom hearts.

I guess we will have to wait for January to get more info. I'm really worried for Agito sales wise. The PSP isn't doing very well outside of Japan, so Square Enix shouldn't wait too long with the release of the game. It feels like the really need to release it mid 2011.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Ah, trailers make a lot more sense. For some reason the news sounded like they didn't have anything to show and told everyone to check back in a few months.

I dunno. BBS is doing pretty well right now. I could see Agito pulling sales higher if it's a quality game. Unfortunately I think it'll have to distance itself from the controversy of XIII somehow.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I think the PSP definitely has a shelf life at this point, especially if what Warner Brothers' game division says is true, and they already have a PSP2. PSP displays are shrinking enough already, once the successor launches PSP shelf space will disappear entirely. I think the game could be good though, hopefully this scenario hasn't been written by Motomu Toriyama ...
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Finally saw the Agito trailer. I don't know what the hell was going on, but I want it.
    edited September 2010
    It did look pretty crazy. I'm pretty sure it showed an overworld right? So both of the remaining XIII games should have world maps then, I figure ...

Edit: Also, it is interesting to note all the blood spray present when Noct is fighting the Behemoth, it looks like they were serious about shooting for that mature rating.
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Only SE creates trailers....that no one is meant to see.
    sup?
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Maudren wrote: »
    Only SE creates trailers....that no one is meant to see.

It's to preserve the mystery. Clearly none of us are important enough to witness them.

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited September 2010
    The other day I was reading the live-feed of Sony's keynote on Andriasang, which was being translated from a video feed. I was amused to read that when SE took the stage and played their 3rd Birthday trailer the feed went blank, because people weren't allowed to see the trailer.
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited September 2010
    shoptroll wrote: »
    It's to preserve the mystery. Clearly none of us are important enough to witness them.

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY

lol it's true, and toph's face in my avatar pretty much sums up how I feel about it.
    sup?
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Is it just me or... do those games look freaking awesome, particularly VS XIII? How can this BE?!!!!!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Is it just me or... do those games look freaking awesome, particularly VS XIII? How can this BE?!!!!!

VSXIII better be good; it's been in development since roughly 2005 or very early 2006.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited September 2010
    Clix wrote: »
    VSXIII better be good; it's been in development since roughly 2005 or very early 2006.

That didn't help FFXIII.
  • lithoroselithorose Fire! Fire! Meiuuu! Full Members
    edited September 2010
    VSXIII continues to fail to interest me. Agito looks interesting, but it's been how many years since the first art of these came out?
  • Mickeymac92Mickeymac92 Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Both of these games look kick-A to me, and I can't wait for them. Thanks for the link, I'm glad I could finally see some vids of the gameplay, especially for Agito XIII, which I can actually buy (Versus XIII is out of my reach unless it comes to the Xbox 360, which I really hope it does!).
    My Anime List
    sig.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Just... just be better than Dirge of Cerberus. >_<
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Both games look awesome but S-E have a history of making mediocre spin-off games so I'll withold praise until I can actually play them. Then again, FFXIV being what it is it may be the trend has been reversed and the side projects will start outshining the mothership titles.