If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

[FFXIV] Official RPGamer social linkshell on Lindblum

Chris PrivitereChris Privitere Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited October 2010 in Square Enix
This is just to let people know I've made an official RPGamer shell on the Lindblum server called...RPGamer. Just message my character "Nubuo Nublet" to get in. Right now it's a social shell with no rules other than "don't be a dick." Maybe we'll do some guildleves, maybe we'll all tease the lalafells, or maybe we'll forget to wear the pearl, but hey, at least it's there. :)
179811.png

Comments

• FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited September 2010
    You don't have to actively wear the pearl. you can be in up to eight linkshells and can read all eight at once. Talking to them is a bit different. :)
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited September 2010
    Lindblum still off the grid?
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    It gets moved off for a few hours, then comes back as a selection. I got in the first night around 12:30am (it had been closed 5-midnight) and Chris got in early yesterday evening (It has been closed noon-5).
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Is everyone still playing on Lindblum?
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    RPGamer has a Lindblum LS? And I don't know about it? How does this happen! I has character on Lindblum!
    edited October 2010
    Savorien wrote: »
    Is everyone still playing on Lindblum?

Yup, we sure do :)
    edited October 2010
    What do I do after the first guildleve? Grind on wharf rats until my fingers go numb?
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
    edited October 2010
    Oh there's tons of repeatable quests to do. Battlecraft leves / fieldcraft leves are one category (so might/magic and the 3 gathering professions), while the production trades are a second. You can do 8 of each per 36 hour period. So I could in any period do 3 10~ fishing quests, 2 1~ combat quests on my Thaumaturge, and another 3 10~ on my pugilist on top of 4 cooking and 4 alchemy leves.
    Beyond that there's grinding, but honestly you grab a coupla other people and it's fun and not at all boring.
    edited October 2010
    I found my way over to the Adventurer's Guild and picked up some more Battlecraft leves. Am I able to pick up additional leves from the Marauder's Guild and/or Arcanist's Guild? Or do I have to be those classes respectively?
  • FiremystFiremyst Daddy Dragon II Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I'm pretty sure those are the guild tests that you get when you hit L20+ in that discipline. Could be higher. I'm only 13 in my highest class.
    Founder, RPGamer
    I love tweeting -- follow me @ http://www.twitter.com/mtidwell
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    It's 20 that guild quests start at. If you want to know what ranks questy-stuff unlocks at, SE finally released that info:

Ask the Devs

The chart is toward the bottom of the page.