If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Disciples III: Renaissance - Impression

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited October 2010 in Latest Updates
No, you don't get to play as Leonardo DaVinci in this game, or even as Leonardo the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Instead, you play a guy on a horse who is very, very talkative and likes to beat up elves.

[Impression]
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    Oooo, are we going to back-cover the other 2? :)
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure... I think this one has more RPG elements than the others, which are closer to straight-up strategy games.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Looks... revolutionary! :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    Reviews have been very poor for this game. Going by the impressions I'm guessing that won't change here.
  • Orating AvocadoOrating Avocado New Member Full Members
    edited September 2010
    I loved the series and pre-ordered the game way back when. After waiting for what seem to be years finally got it. The art is as good as ever. However, the voice acting is subpar. The combat is okay, very Heroes of Might and Magicish, but the unit and abilities need a lot of rebalance. I got one ability that stun the any character and I took out an enemy capital guardian early in the game. It took 10 minutes and felt very cheesy but I did it. The hero's RPG element is underutilized and overall it is hard to differentiate one hero from the next.
  • jcservantjcservant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    I was really disappointed with everything I read about this game after its release. The screen shots released before then really had me hyped up too! Tis a shame! Oh Well...guess it's time for more King's Bounty and HOMM.