If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cheap games and whatnot

JCServantJCServant Certified PolygameistRPGamer Staff
edited February 2015 in Miscellaneous Gaming
We should have a running thread of really good game deals. Kinda like the RPGamer version of Cheap *** Gamer or something.

Anywho...

GoG now has Icewind Dale with all expansions for $9.99 . While it's not officially a 'sale price,' it is a great price to get a DRM Free version of this classic.

Impulse has a super great sale on DemiGod, a really great DotA clone. Not sure if that's officially an RPG, but it has a lot of RPG elements. And Chris and I really enjoy playing it.
http://impulsedriven.com/dem

And it's not an RPG, but Steam has a sale, for about 20 more hours or so, on Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/ . While not an RPG, it's a great Co Op game to play with other RPGamers!
Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!

Comments

• Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I can't imagine why there hasn't been one of these before! PS: Steam sales are cool and all, but the real gold of these threads are sales of physical games for me. Will be on the look out for contributions!
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    For those in the UK, I picked up Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 pack for just under £11 ($17) on amazon.co.uk last week plus free shipping - still at that price. Contains both 1 and 2 and the expansions for both (Tales of the Sword Coast and Throne of Bhaal).
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    Let's see....

At GoGamer they have the hard copy of....

Trine: $3.90
    Two Worlds: $0.99
    Fallout Vegas: $49.90

And a bunch of other non rpgs. 48 hour sale.

I'll post more on here if I see a good sale on any of the normal channels like Amazon Gold box and the such.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I think this is a good idea, but it should be in the gaming section. Anyway...

Buy games or addons on XBLMarketplace for 2400 points and you get 800 points to spend.

I've bought Deathspank for 1200 and will buy Costume Quest for 1200 later this month. I don't know what I will buy with the 800 I get for free... maybe Shadowbroker DLC.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I don't know but about six moths ago I picked up Dragon Quest 8 for like $9.00 at Toys R Us outta the bargain bin. Amazon has a similar price I believe...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Still not sure if you want to buy Demons Souls?

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=15657

This might tempt you, I know I couldn't resist.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Steam Halloween Sale has started

Pretty much something for everybody here, although I question why they put Worms: Reloaded in as part of the sale (it's not spooky!).
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Does this go in Misc. Gaming?

OK RPGamers, get ready for this:
    Gamefly has USED FF13 PS3 version for $20. Standard shipping is $3. http://www.gamefly.com/store/game/ps3/Final-Fantasy-XIII/138545/
    Gamefly has USED FF13 Xbox version for $15.
    Alternatively, Amazon has the game for $29 with free standard shipping.
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I thought the same thing about Worms Reloaded...but I'll probably pick it up anyway!
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I think I created a thread like this some years back. Didn't last long at all.

Anywho, if there is some news about the PS4 being backwards compatible for PS3 games, I'll buy Demon's Souls tomorrow. It was getting nice and cheap, but the price jumped back up again recently.

I'm also keeping an eye out for another Wal-Mart Hot Games sale that usually occurs around Christmas. Last year they sold a lot of new and very popular games for only $40 (maybe $30 in U.S.) and I was able to pick up some great games cheap that way. Haven't heard if this sale will be on this year, but I sure hope they do it again.
    edited November 2010
    Amazon is running a Three for Two deal until the 6th. Good time to do some early holiday shopping for yourself or others!
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking ZHP / Ranger / Evilman, Rachet and Clank Crack in Time, and Lufia Curse of Sinistrals with respect to the above deal. They are all around $30.
    You could also get Ys Seven, Ys Felghana, Four Heroes of Light, or Dragon Age Origins for that price.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    I think I created a thread like this some years back. Didn't last long at all.

Anywho, if there is some news about the PS4 being backwards compatible for PS3 games, I'll buy Demon's Souls tomorrow. It was getting nice and cheap, but the price jumped back up again recently.

I'm also keeping an eye out for another Wal-Mart Hot Games sale that usually occurs around Christmas. Last year they sold a lot of new and very popular games for only $40 (maybe $30 in U.S.) and I was able to pick up some great games cheap that way. Haven't heard if this sale will be on this year, but I sure hope they do it again.

I've already decided that I'm not buying any PS4s if they exist(Sony will get no more $$$ for their lame user agreements governing hardware). Although getting games on a budget appeals to me..any one seen any deals on DS games? Amazon keeps running sales so maybe I'll look when I get home...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • shentinoshentino Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    My entertainment options have been abruptly curtailed lately so I may be on the lookout for cheapware.
    edited November 2010
    Shadowcat wrote: »
    Although getting games on a budget appeals to me..any one seen any deals on DS games? Amazon keeps running sales so maybe I'll look when I get home...

Check the sale I linked to.
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the Update Shoptroll I just picked up Ys 7, KH: Birth by Sleep and Valkyria Chronicles 2 ... total of about 60 bucks (I had an extra $15 credit from something)
    edited November 2010
    So not worth it :)
    "Back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's hilarious in modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of a FF7 remake."
    edited November 2010
    I picked up that deal just so you know :)

Stats from slickdeals: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2342057
    Great deal 86%
    Not a good price 7%
    Not a good product 7% :) :)
    edited November 2010
    hahahahah.. Good one FT.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Everyone with an Xbox 360 should check out the special offers Microsoft has put up this week.

Examples:
    HALO: Cobmat Evolved 400msp
    GTA: San Andreas 400msp
    'Splosion Man 160 msp
    Tralis HD 400 msp
    Portal: Still Alive 400 msp

There are other games, add ons and avatar items. Some of the games are only available on Friday, but some deals are live.
    edited November 2010
    Amazon has Resonance of Fate for $17 new. Good price if you were afraid to try it before.

It also has Fable 3 for $35 which ain't too bad a price.
    edited November 2010
    For completion sake, I'll mention that World of Warcraft is something like 66% or so off this week. Get your WOW on!
    edited November 2010
    More specifically, you can get WoW and its previous expansions for a total of $20.

Amazon is selling FF13 for the PS3 at only $17 brand new. If you didn't think the game was worth the price before, it might be worth it now. No such luck for the 360.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited November 2010
    If you got a iphone, I don't know how long this will last. But Ash is free. Black Friday special. GRAB IT if you're lucky enough to have a iphone or a ipod touch.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited December 2010
    Found a copy of Bioshock for just $20 at a Wal-Mart the other day. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. Never really got a chance to try it before because I ran into the "freezing problem" and couldn't get more than a half hour into the game.
    edited December 2010
    Found a copy of Bioshock for just $20 at a Wal-Mart the other day. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. Never really got a chance to try it before because I ran into the "freezing problem" and couldn't get more than a half hour into the game.
    I got it off Steam a while back for $10 or so. I really enjoyed it, though it was mostly for the atmosphere and not necessarily for the game play. Definitely worth a run through.
    edited December 2010

Get it! NOW!
    edited December 2010
    So I decided to go pick-up that copy of Bioshock.

Then the sky dumped about 2 ft. of snow on my region.

Needless to say, I didn't go anywhere.
    edited December 2010
    A wise decision.