If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cheap games and whatnot

Comments

• Aquila HawkAquila Hawk O_o Full Members
    edited December 2010
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    So I decided to go pick-up that copy of Bioshock.

Then the sky dumped about 2 ft. of snow on my region.

Needless to say, I didn't go anywhere.

It's like fate conspired against you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AquilaHawk on Battle.Net: Currently playing Starcraft II
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Wouldn't be the first time. I would have went anyway if my car still had those great winter tires (I bought Wrath of the Lich King, suitably enough, during a blizzard), but I had to have them replaced with crappy all-seasons.

On the bright side, I had a good excuse not to return my rented copy of Vanquish, and hey, played it a bit more. No late fee!
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    Why not get it for 4.99 instead?
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BIO/bioshock
    edited December 2010
    I avoid buying games on PC when I can. I make exceptions for the great PC RPG's because I wouldn't be much of an RPG gamer if I ignored them.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Hey all, I've moved this into Misc. Gaming since I think it's a more appropriate home than the general Misc. forum. This may or may not become a sticky as well.

Speaking of cheap games, Steam is doing this funky sale until the 20th where they're issuing 4 Kongregate style challenges every other day and they've been marking down the games related to said challenges. Worth keeping an eye on.
    TG Barighm wrote: »
    I avoid buying games on PC when I can.

Why?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited December 2010
    You don't want to know.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2010
    The first three Broken Sword games are 60% off on GOG if you buy all of them. I'm not sure how the sequels hold up to the (excellent) original but ~$7 for all three is pretty good.

EDIT: I just noticed that this includes the director's cut version of the first game, as opposed to the original. I haven't played the newer version but from what I've heard the puzzles in the remake were, for lack of a better word, dumbed down. This may or may not bother you depending on how much you enjoy the puzzle aspect of adventure games.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Amazon is having their 17 days of video game deals. Today RPGs are up to the plate. There are quite a few good ones, including Oath in Felghana Collector's Edition.

LINK
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2010
    GOG.com has a Christmas sale going on. Almost their entire library on sale. Some games aren't on sale yet, but they will be in a few days. Now is your time to pick up some real classics. BG, BGII, PS:T, Arcanum, FO, FO2 and so on.
    edited December 2010
    Probably worth mentioning Humble Indie Bundle #2 is now available as well. Pay what you want and get some games and support some great causes!
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    Paws wrote: »
    Why not get it for 4.99 instead?
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BIO/bioshock

Paws has a good point here. If you have a decent PC w/graphics card, the PC version is not on much cheaper than tracking down a PS3 copy, but has the added benefit of overall better graphics as well.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited December 2010
    shoptroll wrote: »
    Probably worth mentioning Humble Indie Bundle #2 is now available as well. Pay what you want and get some games and support some great causes!

This is pretty cool. Thanks for the tip!
    edited December 2010
    Square-Enix / Eidos catalog for $75 on Steam. Looks like they're kicking off the annual holiday sale today.

A number of decent games in there I'm told. Some solid duds too. But hey, can't aruge with an 88% reduction, especially when they're tossing in the DLC for K&L2, SupCom2 and FM: Evolved.

EDIT: Also worth noting that the previous mentioned Humble Bundle 2 can now be activated on Steam if that's your thing. Act fast, 5 more days left.

EDIT2: oh god they've gone nuts this year. 1,030 items in the "Specials" search. Will get a link up once the sale page goes online. Lot of discounts on publisher/developer packs though.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2010
    This will be my first Steam sale. Hoping to get some cheap games!
    edited December 2010
    Word of advice: do not get any of the non-daily deals until the last day.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2010
    OMG!

P.B. Winterbottom 0,39€
    Super Meat Boy 3,50€

I'm thinking of picking up the Bethesda Pack.

OMG, overload. :suspect::cry::crazy::inlove::laugh::happy:
    edited December 2010
    PB and SMB I'd probably go for. Bethesda I'd wait and see if any of the individual games go on sale. Although I wouldn't expect them to drop New Vegas below 33% discount like they're doing for Fallout 3 GOTY today. So maybe it's worth getting the pack now?

EDIT: Portal and Deus Ex collection are dirt cheap. If you don't have them by now you should get them. Oh and Bioshock is at $4.99 as well. As already stated in this thread, get it if you haven't already.
    edited December 2010
    Fallout 3 GOTY for $20 has me very, very tempted. And I need to double check to see if I have Deus Ex 2.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Already own Portal on Xbox 360 and Deus Ex on PS2, not interested in the second game. Played Bioshock at a friends house. Didn't go very well, because I suck at 90% of FPS games. Watched him play it instead. decided to heed your advice and wait with the bethesda pack.

i was going to pick up Titan Quest Gold, but it turns out it was the German version.
    edited December 2010
    Which Bethesda games are you interested in? You should be able to snag Fallout3 GOTY today and if NV doesn't drop just grab that at the end (or wait until next time it goes on sale / GOTY edition).
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I only want Morrowind GOTY at this time. I got a bit too excited when I saw the price, and then i realized I have all other RPGs from them. *facepalm* I'm a Steam Christmas sale virgin. Many of the deals are jaw dropping.
    edited December 2010
    Oh. Yeah if you've got everything else in the pack then I'd just wait. I doubt that's a hot item for them to do a sale but you've got 2 weeks to see what happens.
  • solosolo Dilettante Gamer Full Members
    edited December 2010
    nim22ama wrote: »
    I only want Morrowind GOTY at this time. I got a bit too excited when I saw the price, and then i realized I have all other RPGs from them. *facepalm* I'm a Steam Christmas sale virgin. Many of the deals are jaw dropping.

Last year, they did have a Morrowind GotY deal, for $5 if I recall correctly. It's sitting unplayed in my increasingly absurd list of Steam games, all bought from sales.
    edited December 2010
    Morrowind GOTY was the best $15 I've spent and is easily the best spontaneous out-of-the-bargain-bin purchase I've ever made.

I know, not really relevant to the topic, but I love saying it.
  • L337_L355L337_L355 Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I've yet to touch my Morrowind GOTY. I got it along side Oblivioin GOTY for $15 during Steam's summer sale... I still have yet to play 1/2 of the games that I bought from it. I'm really tempted to get Lara Croft and the Guardians of Light today, but I don't think that I'll be spending nearly $100 on games this time around. :P

Steam sales get rather re-dun-ku-lous with how cheap things get to be. :)
    edited December 2010
    Not content to watch the PC users get some sweet deals on Steam, MS just announced the XBL Marketplace countdown to New Year's sale promotion.
    edited December 2010
    I'll probably be snagging Tomb Raider Anniversary, Guardian of Light, and Disciples III this evening. Still on the fence about Disciples III, but with its reviews the sale price is about all I want to pay.... (can we get HOMM VI already?)
    edited December 2010
    Defense Grid and Puzzle Quest today. Should pair nicely with yesterday's Super Meat Boy, Peggle Nights and PB Winterbottom :D
    edited December 2010
    Here's hoping Limbo will be added to that list. If you haven't played Castle Crashers yet, and you pass up this sale...you suck!

Live is hinting at the other daily sales. Not sure what the others are, but I'm pretty sure the one about the light is for Alan Wake.
    edited December 2010