If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cheap games and whatnot

Comments

• JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    GoG.com has a bunch of flash sales going on...two atta time, it looks like. Up to 90% off. I just grabbed Sudeki for $1.49.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited March 2015
    Pre-order for Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker – $43.99 + $0.99 S&H at Newegg using coupon code ‘EMCAPKN82’ (Coupon takes off $6.00)

http://ddeals.es/yvba6

Also, Phoenix Wright Dual Destiny and Phoenix Wright Trilogy are on sale on the eShop. $22.49 for Trilogy and $16.79 for DD.
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    There's also a sale in the eShop for WayForward's 25th anniversary - Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is 25% off ($14.99), while Mighty Switch Force & Mighty Switch Force 2 are both 75% off ($1.49).
    Twitters! Steams! Tumblrs!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113
    Competitive Pokemon list - if you'd like tiny Lv. 1 versions, let me know!
    Looks like the sale on PSN has South Park Stick of Truth for $5.

Also seeing the lowest price so far for SMT DDS 1, SMT DDS 2, and SMT Nocturne on PSN for $4.99 each, along with the standard slew of Atlus PSP/PS1Classic/PS2Classic/Vita sales.
    Whoa...I might pick up Stick o' Truth now. ROFL.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    Word of warning: That kind of price drop on a licensed property could mean it's about to get delisted. If you have any inkling of wanting the game, get it NOW.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    PSN Flash sale: Get several RPGs (Wild Arms, BoF4) and some other goodies for less than a dollar.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    There is a good Humble Indie Bundle right now. I like all the games there except for Outlast and Shadow Warrior. It's about $6 right now to get most of them.
    RPGs - Torchlight 2
    Games that might appeal to RPGamers - UnEpic, La Mulana (adventure games)

UnEpic available for just $1 - why not?
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited April 2015
    There is a good Humble Indie Bundle right now. I like all the games there except for Outlast and Shadow Warrior. It's about $6 right now to get most of them.
    RPGs - Torchlight 2
    Games that might appeal to RPGamers - UnEpic, La Mulana (adventure games)

UnEpic available for just $1 - why not?

The only one of the games in the bundle that I both own and have played is La-Mulana, and I feel obligated to warn people that while it is a great game, it is also extremely difficult. Not so much in the "super precise platforming" or "hard-hitting enemies with a million HP" kind of ways (of course, those may apply later in the game, I didn't get too far), but more in the "holy crap where the hell am I supposed to go, what am I supposed to do, how is anyone supposed to solve this puzzle" kind of way.

Twitters! Steams! Tumblrs!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113
    Competitive Pokemon list - if you'd like tiny Lv. 1 versions, let me know!
    Terra Incognita: Chapter One - The Decendant is a mere $0.14 on steam right now

I know virtually nothing about this game, but its in early access on steam, purports to be somewhat like Suikoden, and will potentially have 50-100 hours of gameplay. And the dev is planning on releasing the second chapter for free.

It doesn't look anywhere near complete at this point, but its hard to argue with 14 cents.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    Looks like GOG's done it again. There's a pretty huge Bethesda sale celebrating their signing up with the service.

I'm guessing it'll last through the week, but for now the newly-available Bethesda classics are selling like this:

Elder Scrolls pack - Battlespire, Redguard and Morrowind are $21.37
    FPS pack - Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II and Master Levels, Final Doom and Quake are $17.31
    Fallout pack - Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are $9.99

Not bad deals, says I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • daveyddaveyd Turn-based lifeform PAFull Members
    I believe I still have an GOG code for Shadowrun: Hong Kong from the Kickstarter. If anyone wants it for the low, low price of nothing, please PM me. Since it is a backer copy, I believe I will get an extra GOG code for the upcoming mini-expansion, too.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

• flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    Rayman Origins for $1: https://www.humblebundle.com/
    Worth it, definitely!
    RPG / adventure game Consortium is absolutely free on GOG for the next ~17 hours or so.
    Currently playing (on PC): Hard West, Eisenwald: Blood of November, Dungeon Rats, Wasteland 2, Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Empire

daveyd wrote: »
    RPG / adventure game Consortium is absolutely free on GOG for the next ~17 hours or so.
    Thanks for the head's up. SOLD :)

On another note, Amazon Prime members get 20% off of pre orders and new games for the first two weeks after release. With free shipping and no sales tax in a lot of states, that's a sweet deal by any stretch...if yer already a Prime member.

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    daveyd wrote: »

Claimed but not downloading for some reason
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    Not exactly a cheap game or whatnot, but the season pass for Fallout 4 is currently $29.99. This original price is now a 40% discount, as the price is set to raise to $49.99 on March 1st. Might want to grab it while its cheaper.

Currently they've announced 3 DLC that will normally be $10, $5 and $25- and they have said that the season pass will now cover several more unannounced DLC.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    I think it's a smart business ploy. They're going to end up selling a lot of season's passes to people wanting to capitalize on the temporary low price who weren't planning on it before and might never have bought it. Personally, I have a history of never going back to games I finished, even for DLC, and even for DLC I've purchased after the fact. With Bethesda's inconsistent DLC quality, I'm better off waiting for it all to come out, seeing what gets positive responses, then waiting for a Steam sale to purchase only what interests me for what will definitely be under $30 if I'm absolutely sure I'm going to play the game more. I loved Fallout 3, but still have 1 DLC I bought for it and never played.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    I assume the digital versions will follow suit? I'd certainly pay $20 for OoT, but I'd much rather have the digital version.
    Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky is on sale on Steam, GoG and PSN until March 18. First Chapter is 50% off ($9.99), and Second Chapter is 30% off ($20.99).
    redwing42 wrote: »
    I assume the digital versions will follow suit? I'd certainly pay $20 for OoT, but I'd much rather have the digital version.

They have as of noon Eastern today. Go forth and OooooooooT.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar is free on GOG right now
    sig.gif

Isn't Ultima 4 always free on GOG?
    PSN flash sale this weekend.

Not sure how much is in the RPG realm (I see a few Harvest Moons and Mind 0 down in the handheld section), but I got the first three Fatal Frame games for a buck each and Norn9 (an otome game for Vita I've had my eye on) for 75% off.
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    GOG running a flash sale as of a couple days ago. Generally 40-60% off. Picked up Galak-Z for $10, so I'm pretty happy about that.
    psn sale right now includes the usual Atlus games, but also Mega Man Legends 2 and some others
    GOG summer sale just started. Among a bunch of other games- the SSI Goldbox games they have are on sale right now
    GOG now has a "Monstrous Fall Sale". I just got a free code for Expeditions: Conquistadors which I already own (great game) because I purchased "Dungeon Rats". If anyone would like Conquistadors GOG key contact me by PM. I'll give it to the first person who asks.

So many winter sales...so little me :(