If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn Given European Release Date

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited October 2010 in Latest Updates
We at RPGamer are unfortunately obligated to make a single sun rising joke with every version of Golden Sun. With that in mind; 'Golden Sun rises over Europe'.

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    Hooray! Not screwed over!
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I almost want to buy a used DSL just for this but I'll wait for the 3DS. >_<
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    That's pretty awesome they will be including the GS encyclopedia. I beat the first two several times, but for those that haven't that's pretty cool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Is it weird that the thing I'm most curious about this game is whether the map will wrap around and resemble Earth?
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    Jungyin said:
    Is it weird that the thing I'm most curious about this game is whether the map will wrap around and resemble Earth?

It won't.

Golden Sun's world is quite literally flat. In GS2, you can actually sail to the edges of the world, where it starts crumbling into oblivion.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    omegabyte said:
    It won't.

Golden Sun's world is quite literally flat. In GS2, you can actually sail to the edges of the world, where it starts crumbling into oblivion.

Wait... Earth isn't flat?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • BleuVIIBleuVII Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I actually started playing Golden Sun for the first time when I heard about this game. I only have two questions:

1) Why the heck did I wait so long to play this amazing series?!
    2) Will the next one be as good?

Assuming that answer #2 is yes, this is a day one purchase

EDIT: I come back after a few month's absence, and I get my 500th post! (mini-celebration)
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    omegabyte said:
    It won't.

True, but
    Spoiler:
    the layout of the world was clearly based on Pangaea, even the name of the continent Gondowan was originally "ゴンドワナ", the Japanese spelling of Gondwana. Considering the restoration of the lighthouses was meant to stop the stagnation/decay of the world, I wondered if that meant the world would gradually become like the Earth a la Illusion of Gaia, at least in shape.