If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Hyperdimension Neptunia is Coming to North America and Europe

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited November 2010 in Latest Updates
The personified versions of modern game consoles are finally coming to battle against game piracy on this side of the Pacific. Let's hope they can keep the in-fighting to a minimum, though. Console wars can be brutal.

[Link]

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    As much as I am not a Compile Heart fan, I kinda want to play this game just for the humor alone.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    So getting this, my girlfriend would love this game.

edit: typo.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I can't help but get this when it comes. I really hope it's done well, though.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    And as soon as I get enough time with my PS3 to actually turn it on, I'll be reviewing my notes and FINALLY finishing the impression I started for this game...
  • colormonstercolormonster Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Hahaha, really? It's one of those games I thought I'd ever see localized. Then again, we did get Agarest War.

Probably will get it due to the JRPG drought.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    I never really doubted that it would be coming over. It's the NIS-CH-IF-Gust Alliance at work, so the normal licensing issues were probably sorted out even before the Japanese release.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited October 2010
    When NISA returns the Cross Edge DLC. Then I may think of buying this if ends being good. The Edge Games idiot was proven to be a con-man fraud in court.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • Sui-kunSui-kun Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Huh... I like the concept quite a bit. Great name too. I have to say that there hasn't been another moment I've wanted a PS3 more than now.
  • DescaraDescara Fly Away Now Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I'm very excited. I can't wait. The only downside is having to pronounce it to some idiot at the Gamestop desk (if there's a special edition like Rorona.)
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    This concept was too awesome for NISA to pass up. I never really doubted a release, either. If they market it well (and if the game doesn't suck), it could prove very profitable for them.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I love the concept, but am still wary about the execution ...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • eXaXeXaX Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    I feel ... like I'm going to buy it when the time comes. I'm such a sucker for cuteness. /cue self-loathing.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited October 2010
    This is going to be ridiculously awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
    edited October 2010
    This game will get a 3 or 2.5 here.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited October 2010
    NIS tends to always release their games at the latest they can when they give a window. Spring 2011 for them is probably May or so. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was as late as June, maybe even the Tuesday before summer starts.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited October 2010
    LordKaiser said:
    This game will get a 3 or 2.5 here.

And the score will probably be spot on.
    edited October 2010
    nim22ama said:
    And the score will probably be spot on.
    Or way off. It's not easy to review a niche title.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2010
    edited October 2010
    I'm rarely wrong in my predictions and the crystal ball is shining strongly.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I enjoyed Agarest but I didn't like Cross Edge so right now Compile Heart is 50/50 for me. This game seems interesting and more RPGs for the PS3 is good so I'll probably pick this up.
  • Tequila MockingbirdTequila Mockingbird Resident Cannibal Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Eh, cute-flashy artwork some interesting scrn-shots. Seems a little vapid and preachy... pirating bad etc... etc. We'll just have to wait and see.
    edited November 2010
    It will get a score of no more than 2.5 mark my words. The cystal ball had shown me!
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited November 2010
    LordKaiser said:
    It will get a score of 2.5 mark my words. The cystal ball had shown me!
    You might be aiming a little high, sir. Assuming this isn't like other IF/CH games and we actually have someone finish it.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I need to see some battle videos.
    And maybe someone's.....impression.
    Har har.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    Macstorm said:
    You might be aiming a little high, sir. Assuming this isn't like other IF/CH games and we actually have someone finish it.

From what I gather, this is much better than Agarest, which was really the nadir of terribleness for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    I'd be willing to play this game as long as it doesn't have the tedious, boring gameplay that Agarest War has. The reason we have no review for that game is because I can only play it in small bursts because the game bores me completely to tears.

Thankfully, Neptunia's combat system looks a lot different. Here's hoping it's a better experience!
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Hmmm... actually, this is first time I'd heard of Neptunia... what am I missing?
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Don't forget it also involves the current battle against game piracy, the main baddie is "the evil Arfoire" after all.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, that sounds like it has so much potential to fail if only for being overtly preachy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.