If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGamers to Get Lost in The Hermuda Triangle

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited November 2010 in Latest Updates
Ever been to the Hermuda Triangle? It's a place where certain RPGs seem to get rereleased only a year after we last saw them. Once you go in, you'll never come out... until it's time for waffles.

Story.

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I had fun with this game on the PS2. But, I don't think I could do it again.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    Hmm. I didn't have any luck settling down and playing this on the PS2 or Wii. Wonder if the PSP would be a better fit.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited November 2010
    i wonder why this game is being released again? i didn't think it was popular enough and the game and characters haven't made me want to revisit it since i beat it years ago.

In other words: what's the deal, yo?
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    This is yet another port? From the email they sent me, I thought it was a new game. Bleh.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I was about to say, I remember people not really liking this game. Doesn't strike me as the sort of timeless classic that deserves remake after remake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I don't know about the general reception, but the original PS2 version got good review scores (over 80% average on gamerankings) with a 4/5 score on RPGamer.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    It's a good title, but it gets labeled as "Oh yeah, another one of those NISA games" around here.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I very much enjoyed this when it came out on the PS2, but I played it to death already. Don't have the time to do it all over again, not with the backlog I've got waiting for me.

Now if it was Makai Kingdom, I'd be all over that. I for some reason didn't make it very far in that, and stupidly traded in my copy. I know I can still get it for PS2, but PSP would be a better fit for me these days.
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I hated the gameplay of Phantom Brave but the music and the characters made up for it. I certainly wouldn't play it again though.