If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Lord of Arcana to Roar in January

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited November 2010 in Latest Updates
Lord of Arcana is the next new EXTREME action-RPG from Square Enix. How EXTREME is it? Well, gore is EXTREME. Blood is EXTREME. Hot chicks are EXTREME. See how many times I use the word EXTREME? Now that's epic.

Story.

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    ZOMGExtreme!
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    This so extreme I don't even now to handle it!
  • NightfoxNightfox Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I just hope this isn't an extreme disappointment.
    http://www.shadowdawngenesis.com - follow progress on the upcoming RPG series Shadowdawn on Xbox Live Indie Games and PC (and wherever else we can take it)
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    It might just be extreme fail

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Really bizarre that they're releasing this and 3rd Birthday on PSN after snubbing it with BBS and Crisis Core. Is there a size or bandwidth limit on PSN releases?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    This is basically their version of Monster Hunter, right? I'm curious how it will turn out.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    @Shoptroll: Yeah size would be my best guess. This and 3rd Birthday must be single layer UMD releases, as opposed to CC and BbS's dual-layered 1.8 gb data footprints. When people are choosing whether it's easier to buy the UMD or download a game, there's probably a certain data size sweet-spot of around 1 gb or so (that's why app store developers try to keep their DL sizes manageable).
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I thought it was Disney that blocked the Birth By Sleep PSN release, not Square Enix. The PSN download for God of War : Ghost of Sparta was 4.2 GB, so I don't think there's a size restriction.
    Get your Portable ID!
    edited November 2010
    There isn't, but the attractiveness of a download can be directly effected by how long it will take to download.

-Also, I recall a while back that Sony planned to charge developers based on the volume of their PSN downloads. I'm not sure whether this ever came into fruition, but if it did it would provide a clear disincentive to publishers making their larger titles available to download. I really think it must have something to do with size, else there would be no reason for it.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited November 2010
    SiliconNooB said:
    There isn't, but the attractiveness of a download can be directly effected by how long it will take to download.
    Maybe for handhelds and portable devices like phones. I don't think this applies to consoles and PCs. Otherwise Steam, D2D, Impulse, etc. would be a wasteland.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I certainly wasn't talking about PC gaming. Digital downloads for PC have the added benefit of your steam account handling all the copy protect bollocks.