If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Yakuza 4 Hates Umbrellas, Loves Women

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited November 2010 in Latest Updates
Kamurocho is never dull when you're a yakuza. There's women, booze, and the occasional broken umbrella. Life's hard, but in this story trailer, Sega shows that a good yakuza can truly live like a king.

Story.

Comments

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Spelling error, woman! Get to it.

On a more serious note: I own Yakuza 3 but haven't even played it yet. I'll start it in late January, so I can finish it before this comes out.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    Waaah! I fixed it! Don't call me woman! :P

Also Yakuza 3 is awesome possum. Loved it. Can't wait for this. You can all expect I'll be reviewing this one. :)
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I can't wait for this to come out. This and Yakuza of the End, I hope that gets released stateside as well.
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    And... this is an RPG?
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    Jitawa said:
    And... this is an RPG?

No. But they cover it here anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I do remember there being a leveling mechanic in the first one. Don't remember too much about it though.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    freykin said:
    I do remember there being a leveling mechanic in the first one. Don't remember too much about it though.

There is a leveling mechanic in all of them.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2010
    Discussion of whether the Yakuza series are RPGs is this way. Complaints from people who think we shouldn't cover it can go to news@rpgamer.com. Thank you.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited November 2010
    I like everything that's covered here, because I love the manner in which it's done. Sure, a couple titles feel a bit oddly placed from time to time, but I can easily see an argument for it in cases like this, or Zelda.