If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 158: "PSN Bait and Switch"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited December 2010 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 158: "PSN Bait and Switch"

We give you the bait and switch about a popular RPG coming to the PSN. Phil Willis also comes back from a long hiatus, just in time to give his expert opinion on Square Enix's financial prospects. But don't worry, the future is looking bright as the wraps have been taken off of a number of 2011 games.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/158

RPGCast streams live every Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "PSN Bait and Switch"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Comments

• PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    For those who won't get the Canadian humour, Darthmouth is pronounced Dartsmyth; its Wikipedia page is vandalized on a pretty regular basis making reference to this.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I still don't get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    Oblivion did have one dragon in it it. it was part of the end of the main quest. but no one got ot he end of of the main quest as there was too much faffing about to be done.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I beat the main quest. :)

I'm actually excited to see what the situation will be in the Empire now, what with the
    Spoiler:
    Septim line
    gone. The political unrest will be interesting, that's for damned sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    Highly nitpicking and completely unimportant as it is on one short statement that is never commented on again :D but it is implied that Laguna
    Spoiler:
    knows who Squall is and is going to tell him after the final battle.

Homeworld was magnificent, reckon Cataclysm was probably my favourite of the series. Storylines are great (although think Homeworld 2's one wasn't quite as excellent as the first two but still good). Did enjoy taking the pilot view of some of the random skirmishes my fighters had.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Wait, I come here looking for an RPGcast and I notice the comments are talking about Laguna. This is the Final Fantasy 8 Backrack, isn't it?! You're not fooling me into listening to this!
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited December 2010
    For those that wanted to use or see the mod for Dragon Age I mentioned in the cast, http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1961
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • jcservantjcservant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    SeraphimKitten said:
    Wait, I come here looking for an RPGcast and I notice the comments are talking about Laguna. This is the Final Fantasy 8 Backrack, isn't it?! You're not fooling me into listening to this!
    Yes...this was my intention all along...to come back from the shadows and take over RPGCast, turning it into RPGBackCast!!!
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for taking the question guys, though I should point out that the most common way I hear Dartmouth pronounced is "Dart-meth". Go figure.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • Xybec KattaXybec Katta Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Hi back Paws. I was more just sending along the article to show the opinion from people who don't really report on video games. They are more into comics. The guy that wrote the article is more into DnD than anything else.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

XBox Live: Xybec Katta
    PSN: Yeltu
    Steam: Xybec Katta
    edited December 2010
    Hi Xybec! I'm honestly surprised someone into D&D would make the argument that RPGs don't exist.
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Paws, we do have a Best Buy. There is one on Kingsway across from Metrotown mall. It's been there for a few years. Make a note of it for the next expansion!
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
    edited December 2010
    The thought of trying to cross Kingsway around the Metrotown area just makes me twitch, but that's good to know :)
  • Xybec KattaXybec Katta Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, he thinks the only way it can truely be an RPG is if you have complete control over it like you would in DnD. He used an example of saying that you as an orc chipped a tooth in the last fight you were in and turned the chip into a necklace and gave it to your buddy.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

XBox Live: Xybec Katta
    PSN: Yeltu
    Steam: Xybec Katta
  • Priviterian_TheoremPriviterian_Theorem New Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    This episode needed some Privenegger!