If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection Trailer - 9 Screens - 1 Art - 1 Propaganda

RosestormRosestorm Host of The SectorcastFull Members
edited January 2011 in Latest Updates
Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.

Comments

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited December 2010
    It looks so awesome! Yes they did use hi-res 2D and it seems they added cutscenes. I wish this was in 1080p.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited December 2010
    The cutscenes appear to be from the DS version, not the PSX one which is good. There's also new cutscenes for After Years.

I'm wondering if they're using the DS script as well, and if they're retaining the FFIV Advance features.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited December 2010
    This will be the superior version of FFIV IMO. Now FFV and VI remains to be remade and also if FFIII can be remade like this. They can even bundle it with a remake of FFMQ.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • TeluinTeluin Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    OR they can stop doing re-makes. Particularly of games they've remade the hell out of already.
  • TiaelTiael Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Nah, that'd be no fun.

I'd love an FFIII enhanced remake in the same vein of this FFIV and FFI+II AE, though I did enjoy the DS remake.

And for V and VI, 3DS remakes and the same deal for those in the future as the AE's.
    edited December 2010
    Tiael said:
    I'd love an FFIII enhanced remake in the same vein of this FFIV and FFI+II AE, though I did enjoy the DS remake.
    I wonder if enough people really want this if they'd consider pulling out the cancelled Wonderswan Color version and dusting it off for the PSP?
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited December 2010
    This game is appealing from a visual perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • Gideon ZhiGideon Zhi Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I don't like the sprites for the characters in the top-down mode. They look really out of place. I had pretty much the same complaint with the PSP ports of 1 and 2, though.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    Rose, Rose, Rose... you haven't seen a metric buttload of media until you've had to deal with a NIS media-bomb...

Looking nice though.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2010
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    Rose, Rose, Rose... you haven't seen a metric buttload of media until you've had to deal with a NIS media-bomb...

Looking nice though.
    Yeah, Rose has been exaggerating these media updates a little. Praise the giant size of the updates when you've done a 100+ screenshot update. Anything less feels a little like false advertising.

And yes, the game is looking nice. Maybe not how I would prefer it (I miss the SNES battle sprite look for Cecil), but it is a notable improvement in many ways.
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited December 2010
    It pretty decent in size for an SE update.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • DaylightDiesDaylightDies Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I'm very excited. FFIV was my first RPG, period. I've sat out a lot of the remakes so far. So I will definitely give it another playthrough for old times sake. Now if only I could be at the same weight I was when this came out! I also have played through two or three parts of The After Years, and while its not perfect, it was nice. But i'm not going to buy anymore of them if we are getting this anytime in the year! I'm more excited about this than 13, and usually I'm not a huge remake fan.. but I am huge on this
    Bean Forever
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited December 2010
    it looks ok. it's a big shame that, after seeing cecil in dissidia, we have to see him downgraded back to 2d. i still cant understand why they just wont do an ff remake in 3d on psp using the crisiscore, dissidia, bbs engine, but ugly 3d games on ds are a-ok.

ah well. at least it's not on iphone.
    sup?
  • ShinseitoriShinseitori Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Teluin said:
    OR they can stop doing re-makes. Particularly of games they've remade the hell out of already.

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't complain about many more releases based on the game in your av.
    Rise!
  • BleuVIIBleuVII Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I see this more as a port of The After Years that happens to have a remade version of FFIV attached, and that makes me excited. This game is PRETTY.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Maudren said:
    it looks ok. it's a big shame that, after seeing cecil in dissidia, we have to see him downgraded back to 2d. i still cant understand why they just wont do an ff remake in 3d on psp using the crisiscore, dissidia, bbs engine, but ugly 3d games on ds are a-ok.
    Because 30 hours of a realistically rendered Cecil would just be too much male beauty for one game.
    Currently playing:
    Ys: The Ark of Naphishtim | Euro Truck Simulator 2 | Legend of Dragoon
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2010
    If SE are serious about staying as close to the Amano art as possible, then they really need to use some sort of cell-shading to simulate his water colour art style. Cecil looks ridiculous in those FMVs.
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I am not excited about this, but I will buy and play it. I can say that when I first played this game in 91 or so I did not anticipate buying my fourth remake of it one day.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    The music in the trailer, which includes the main theme of FFIV as well as the "Final Fantasy" theme, was arranged for orchestra by FFX/XIII composer Masashi Hamauzu.
    edited December 2010
    The music should be done by the Black Mages.
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited December 2010
    LordKaiser said:
    The music should be done by the Black Mages.

They split up earlier this year.
  • scorpioscorpio Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Oddly enough, when I played this as a kid... re-renting , and re-beating it multiple times.... I think I knew somehow I would be replaying it always throughout the ages. So yeah a billion remakes is absolutely no surprise to me.
    edited December 2010
    Clix said:
    They split up earlier this year.

The third album never made it to iTunes either :( (Last time I checked)
    edited December 2010
    I'm so sad to learn that... :( *sniff*
    edited December 2010
    Hamauzu (from X and XIII) is arranging the whole soundtrack I believe for FFIV CC.

And frankly that's great, you can hear his arrangement of the main theme in the trailer, and I am one of the few who loved the XIII OST.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    I much prefer Hamauzu as an arranger rather than a composer in his own right, that said I have some difficulty in conceiving how his musical style will fit into the FFIV world, though I'm sure he will do just fine ...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Tiael said:
    Hamauzu (from X and XIII) is arranging the whole soundtrack I believe for FFIV CC.

And frankly that's great, you can hear his arrangement of the main theme in the trailer, and I am one of the few who loved the XIII OST.

Few? It's an awesome soundtrack. I can see no reason why he won't do a great job with this one too.
    Currently playing:
    Ys: The Ark of Naphishtim | Euro Truck Simulator 2 | Legend of Dragoon
    edited December 2010
    Well, general consensus is it's a mixed bag, there don't seem to be many who love it.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited December 2010
    Tiael said:
    Well, general consensus is it's a mixed bag, there don't seem to be many who love it.

Really? I have seen pretty much exclusively praise. Weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
    edited December 2010
    I usually see general dislike (mainly because it's not Uematsu), guess that depends where you look.