If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tron Legacy

ShadowcatShadowcat MemberFull Members
edited January 2011 in Entertainment
Hi guys. I went to see Tron Legacy recently and I liked it. It's probably not the best movie I've ever seen but it was a pretty good movie. I won't do spoilers but I did love the one tech joke I remember lol
"We're about to launch Encom OS 12"

"What's new about it?"

"Well this year we're just putting a nice shiny 12 on the box"
(so Microsoft lol)
FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My VAPS Entry,

Comments

• JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited December 2010
    I've read several reviews but haven't seen it yet. The original was interesting and held my attention pretty well, but its length was about right, and this one is a good 40 minutes longer. Beyond that, I can't say anything without seeing the product.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Shadowcat wrote: »
    (so Microsoft lol)

Huh. I was thinking it was more aimed at Apple :p
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    I've read several reviews but haven't seen it yet. The original was interesting and held my attention pretty well, but its length was about right, and this one is a good 40 minutes longer. Beyond that, I can't say anything without seeing the product.

The pacing is noticeably faster than the original, so the extra 40 minutes goes by really fast.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2011
    Oh, I already commented on it in the movie thread - right there. What else can I say...
    Ah, the ISOs (however that's spelled). If the movie wants to have me believe that they're the potential saviors of mankind, the very brief screen time accorded to the development of them was definitely not enough. Rather than TELL me they were incredibly awesome, why not SHOW it to me? Quorra didn't display any amazing characteristics except amazing patience to hang around with Flynn all those years he was within visible distance of Clu's abode and not being spotted.
    Oh, and Clu's definition of perfection seemed very odd to me. Zuse is many things, but perfect isn't one of them.
    That Daft Punk soundtrack really clicked with me though. I should acquire the album.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    The ISOs were at best a tertiary point. The fact that they existed and the tidbit about their potential played no point in the movie other than to motivate Flynn and explain why he was up to what he was.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2011
    JuMeSyn wrote: »
    Ah, the ISOs (however that's spelled). If the movie wants to have me believe that they're the potential saviors of mankind, the very brief screen time accorded to the development of them was definitely not enough. Rather than TELL me they were incredibly awesome, why not SHOW it to me? Quorra didn't display any amazing characteristics except amazing patience to hang around with Flynn all those years he was within visible distance of Clu's abode and not being spotted.

Someone at worked mentioned ISOs were similar to a concept from Godel, Escher, Bach. I agree they were pretty superfluous to the overall story.
    Oh, and Clu's definition of perfection seemed very odd to me. Zuse is many things, but perfect isn't one of them.

I think Zuse was a partnership of convenience or something. The role reminded me a bit of the Merovingian from Reloaded. Just without the pompousness.
    That Daft Punk soundtrack really clicked with me though. I should acquire the album.

The soundtrack is amazing. Completely worth the money.
    The ISOs were at best a tertiary point. The fact that they existed and the tidbit about their potential played no point in the movie other than to motivate Flynn and explain why he was up to what he was.

1) They were there to be the proverbial kicked dog to drive home "CLU= Evil"
    2) Prequel / sequel fodder
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
    edited January 2011
    Sam's immediate affinity for Tron combat was kinda hard to swallow, but I wasn't overly bothered by it until after exiting the theater. What DID bother me inside the theater was the racing sequence (where he and Clu are assigned a whole lot of teammates and fighting to the death) being really hard to follow because everyone looked the same, so I couldn't tell if that was just a program whose demise was imminent or if it was Sam.
    Also, Sam's affinity for combat got a big boost later - and was conveniently offscreen, the better to obscure the fact that he had no time to become really good at taking out the (presumably) best guards Clu possessed.