If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final fantasy Type-0

2»

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2011
    It is entirely possible that it could be downloaded from PSN, yet SE showed themselves to be hesitant to put their games on PSN, as we saw with BbS.

I thought there was a cap on game sizes for PSN?
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Perhaps, though I haven't heard of it (but then it's not really the sort of thing that I'd necessarily look into). I heard something a while back about Sony starting to charge Publishers for the volume of their customers downloads. I don't know whether this has ever come to pass, but if it has, then that would explain SE's reluctance to make their larger game's available ...
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    shoptroll wrote: »
    I thought there was a cap on game sizes for PSN?
    No cap on PSN game sizes. Record of Lodoss War (???) is 10GB.

EDIT: The cap might be 10GB.
    Sony charges developers based on data transfer they're responsible for.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2011
    I know of only one PSP game on two UMDs other than Type-0, and that game did not get a digital release because of the 2 UMD situation.

Also, there is no limit on PSN. Mass Effect 2 is 24 Gb. The DC Universe Online beta was 16 Gb.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2011
    EDIT: The cap might be 10GB.

Even so, I'm pretty sure 2 UMDs isn't anywhere near that.
    I don't know whether this has ever come to pass, but if it has, then that would explain SE's reluctance to make their larger game's available ...

Based on what I've seen from crazy events on Steam like free TF2 weekends, crippling the download servers with a lot of traffic hurts everyone so I think there's that worry too. Probably why Sony charges by volume in the first place ;)
    nim22ama wrote: »
    I know of only one PSP game on two UMDs other than Type-0, and that game did not get a digital release because of the 2 UMD situation.

Actually, that's a good point. The PSOne era games had to program in the disc swap. You'd probably need two different code bases for the game: one for the UMD version which has a disc swap coded in, and one for the PSN version. Which means you need to duplicate your support and QA efforts. Might not be worth the extra effort.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!