If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Disgaea 4 Trailer Returns to the Netherworld

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited January 2011 in Latest Updates
Another Disgaea news item means a new chance to proclaim my ignorance of what is actually going on in the game. At least I get to enjoy the tower-based mugen punch.

[Link]

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited January 2011
    crazy slinky tower of doom!
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Aw mun canne wait
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Looks great! The new sprites are really noticeable!
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Rock concert for a special attack? Yep, that's a win.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited January 2011
    So if you really wanted to level up a character to 9999, how long does it take and are there any enemies that level?
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    So if you really wanted to level up a character to 9999, how long does it take and are there any enemies that level?
    Well, I don't know about Disgaea 4, but it can take hours of effort to reach level 9999. Once you have beaten the game and have gone through the hoops to unlock the best leveling methods, it can take 10 to 15 hours to reach max level in some Disgaea games (this is just hearsay, though). Of course, merely reaching level 9999 is hardly the end in those games, with the reincarnation system. In the original Disgaea, you would need to gain more than 60,000 levels total across multiple reincarnations of the same character to acquire the highest possible stats.

And yes, there are enemies at that level, mostly due to the game's random item world dungeons and similar stuff. There is also usually a small number of extremely powerful super bosses around that level, though you generally don't need to reach max level in order to defeat them.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    There are also bills you can pass through the Dark Assembly that allow you to inflate enemy levels as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Quin said:
    There are also bills you can pass through the Dark Assembly that allow you to inflate enemy levels as well.
    Congressional hearings in a video game. ...And we all thought that would be a boring idea. Genius!