If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGamer Hiring Call - Reviewers

13»

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    You will be notified by e-mail if you are chosen for an interview. We'll announce in this thread when the interview process is complete.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • BlitzmageBlitzmage Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    sounds good
  • dbl219dbl219 New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Hey, first time poster here. I submitted an application and review back on 1/16, and haven't heard a peep since. I was wondering if there's any sort of status update we can look forward to.

Also --
    Macstorm wrote: »
    If Casto left the news story part in there, he shouldn't have as though it's helpful, it's not as important.

I filled out the news story section pretty comprehensively. Even though it's not as important, do you think it will still be read, at least?
  • BlitzmageBlitzmage Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    yeah same here
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Unfortunately, if you haven't heard back, you may just have to wait from another hiring call. Sadly, it's just like every other job interview. :(

I don't know at the moment if we are still hiring for one more reviewer or not, as that's up to Macstorm to decide.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    After talking this over with Castomel, we've frozen any more hires after the last interviews I'll do on Monday. If you've not heard from us, don't take this as a "no" as much as a "keep an eye out soon." We will be looking for more people in other positions within the next little bit. Also, if you are interested in reviewing and did not email your sample review to me directly (macstorm@rpgamer.com), pass it along and I will provide feedback on it.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • dbl219dbl219 New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm wrote: »
    After talking this over with Castomel, we've frozen any more hires after the last interviews I'll do on Monday. If you've not heard from us, don't take this as a "no" as much as a "keep an eye out soon." We will be looking for more people in other positions within the next little bit. Also, if you are interested in reviewing and did not email your sample review to me directly (macstorm@rpgamer.com), pass it along and I will provide feedback on it.

I had not originally sent my review directly to you (only to Castomel), so I sent it along three days ago (2/5). No response so far. Should I take that to mean anything, or are you still completely backed up? And do you still intend to notify even those whose applications don't make the cut?

Thanks.
  • ZylvynZylvyn New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Wow. Makes me wish that Paws told me that you guys were looking for reviewers again.

Let this be stated for the record... I will make her pay for this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]