If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Magicka to Cast a Spell Digitally Tomorrow

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited January 2011 in Latest Updates
Get ready to set enemies and friends on fire, as Magicka releases digitally tomorrow. Find out why wizard's can't swim or get girlfriends, as Arrowhead Studios provides more fun tidbits before the game's release.

Story.

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2011
    This game kinda came out of nowhere, but I'm intrigued by it. Not something I'm going to run out and buy immediately but a co-op, light, spellslinging game sounds fun.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    I've played enough games with friendly fire I'm not sure I'd jump in unless a big group of known friends were. *mumbles and walks off with a pot on her head...stupid Fox and his stupid lighting me on fire in Zelda*
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Paws said:
    I've played enough games with friendly fire I'm not sure I'd jump in unless a big group of known friends were. *mumbles and walks off with a pot on her head...stupid Fox and his stupid lighting me on fire in Zelda*
    Based on what I've seen with L4D I'm inclined to agree here.

EDIT: GamersGate has it listed for $9.99. That's lower than I expected. Nice.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • MaddocMaddoc Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Really interesting concept that's only kind of fun in practice

Feels really clunky when you're trying to maneuver around and also queue up elements to cast spells

Even by the end of the demo I found myself just spamming a couple spell combinations that were easy and effective

Might be more fun/hectic with more people, but I'm not sure I want to spend $10 to find out when I have so much other stuff in my backlog
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]