If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Who Dat Pokemon? - Round 3

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited January 2011 in Latest Updates
The world's most popular monster-catching franchise is opening up new frontiers for players this spring. Let's take some time and get to know just what we'll be catching in the land of Unova.

Round 3 - Monmen & Churine

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    kafluffle and badulba
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited January 2011
  • BleuVIIBleuVII Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    I like Tuliette for Churine. Also, I like Churine. :) I've had one on my team since I was first able to have it. What would the evolution be?

As for Monmen, I like Ocelot's "Poofle." Nothing else quite seems to fit.

Anyway, the link on the main site brings you to the forums, but the link in the article itself brings you to the forums for Round 2. You might want to fix that.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    I am terrible at naming things... but I want that puffy one on my team. It looks adorkable.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    As a note, Liliadam comes from combining the Liliaceae family, of which tulips are a member, with Amsterdam. Gotta give a shoutout to my Dutch homies. Word up, Nederlands!
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited January 2011
    I rather like Ocelot's "Liliadam" for Churine, especially now that you've explained the origins behind it. Pretty clever. As for Monmen, I got a kick out of Sabin's "Stuffywhats." XD
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    BleuVII said:
    I like Tuliette for Churine. Also, I like Churine. :) I've had one on my team since I was first able to have it. What would the evolution be?

As for Monmen, I like Ocelot's "Poofle." Nothing else quite seems to fit.

Anyway, the link on the main site brings you to the forums, but the link in the article itself brings you to the forums for Round 2. You might want to fix that.

Bleh, knew I'd forgotten something. Fixed.
  • BleuVIIBleuVII Member Full Members
    edited January 2011
    I think Liliadam would be good for Churine's evolution, Doredia. So, Tuliette --> Liliadam. It could also be considered a takeoff of Lilia, a popular girl's name, and Damsel.

Anyway, behold the power of Doredia. It's SOOOOO strong (at least in the first part of the game).

edited January 2011
    It's not shabby in the endgame, either. I managed to take down an Elite 4 member with just Doredia, Butterfly Dance, Petal Dance, a bit of luck and a whole lot of desperation.
  • TheMaddnessTheMaddness Inmate Full Members
    edited January 2011
    Wheen i get a Monmon, im naming it Woolbur. For Wool, cuz it looks like a sheep, and bur, like Cotton bur. Also it sounds like Wilbur. Anyway, I know It wont be Puffpuff, cuz im pretty sure that has some kind of dirty connotation in Japanese, I think.
    [SIGPIC]ive got candy[/SIGPIC]
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2011
    TheMaddness said:
    Wheen i get a Monmon, im naming it Woolbur. For Wool, cuz it looks like a sheep, and bur, like Cotton bur. Also it sounds like Wilbur. Anyway, I know It wont be Puffpuff, cuz im pretty sure that has some kind of dirty connotation in Japanese, I think.
    Well, Puffpuff has dirty connotations in the Dragon Quest series, at least.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure the DQ guys invented puff-puff as a blanket euphemism, and it sorta caught on as a meme in Japan.