If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy IV Completed in April

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited February 2011 in Latest Updates
Final Fantasy IV is seeing yet another release. This time it's for those who couldn't quite stomach paying for each episode of The After Years individually.

Story
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited February 2011
    It's confirmed for April 19? I thought that was just Amazon.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    SE sent out a press release. It is official.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm said:
    SE sent out a press release. It is official.

This DOES look a helluva lot better than it did on the DS. Although, I don't know if I like the new 2D style for the 3 Sisters fight. They look really strange in that new style. (Like they didn't before?)
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Dear Squenix:

Shut up and take my money.

Yrs,
    Shaymin
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • BleuVIIBleuVII Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I was originally going to get this without question, but now with Radiant Historia, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Golden Sun 1-3, Pokemon Black, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, and possibly Trails in the Sky (waiting for review) on my "to play" list, it's going to be a LONG time before I get to this.
  • JonJon New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    BleuVII said:
    I was originally going to get this without question, but now with Radiant Historia, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Golden Sun 1-3, Pokemon Black, Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, and possibly Trails in the Sky (waiting for review) on my "to play" list, it's going to be a LONG time before I get to this.

I was thinking the same thing. The list keeps building and building! Talk about ALL at once.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Shaymin said:
    Dear Squenix:

Shut up and take my money.

Yrs,
    Shaymin

QFT. I complained bitterly about the IV DS remake and that I wished we'd get something colourful and spritely as opposed to more realistic.
  • Sir ErdrickSir Erdrick Overlord Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I'll third the motion proposed by Shaymin and Paws.

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    ^ what they said
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    FFIV? Remake? HI(er)-Res 2D?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • VncentValntineVncentValntine Pretty much... Full Members
    edited February 2011
    revised soundtrack? release the ost and i'll buy
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I want this done for FFVI!
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Looks great but what about loading times? It wasn't a problem with the DS remake but this is UMD and frequent loading times in and out of battles, menus, stages etc. can really mar the experience.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of Dragoon | Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin | Samurai Warriors 4| Metro: Last Light Redux
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I'll probably wait a while for this one since Tactics Ogre, Trails in the Sky, and Ys I & II Chronicles are higher on my priority list for PSP.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Spartakus said:
    Looks great but what about loading times? It wasn't a problem with the DS remake but this is UMD and frequent loading times in and out of battles, menus, stages etc. can really mar the experience.
    Totally depends on the dev. FF Tactics had stupid loading times for spells in battle. Other games like Ys Seven and Brave Story had no loading times at all. It's not the UMD, it's the developer.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • JonJon New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    SiliconNooB said:
    I want this done for FFVI!

:thumb_up:
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm said:
    Totally depends on the dev. FF Tactics had stupid loading times for spells in battle. Other games like Ys Seven and Brave Story had no loading times at all. It's not the UMD, it's the developer.

How were the load times on the Anniversary editions of FF1 and FF2? This looks very similar to the engine used in those games.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited February 2011
    The load times for the PSP games are no worst than the load times of FFVII on the PS1.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I'm surprised they didn't update the 3D version. The increased power of the PSP would have made a prettier version. However, this is likely for the best. I just wonder which way the story will lean, as there were story differences in the DS one as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited February 2011
    There is something really cheap looking about these enhanced PSP versions. I still can't quite put my finger on what it is.
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Any word on an LE for UK or US? Squeenix has released some really nice LE's for PSP in UK lately. I hope this gets the same treatment.
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm said:

My guess is making a game with load times is much easier, faster and cheaper than one without.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of Dragoon | Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin | Samurai Warriors 4| Metro: Last Light Redux