If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    First comment!

Mmmm... Richard. <3
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Tales of Joy
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    ZOMG, Namco haaaaaates us. They never release any Tales games!
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    ocelot said:
    zomg, namco haaaaaates us. They never release any tales games!

zomg. Wthbbq!
  • QuinQuin &#12371;&#12428;&#12399;&#12513;&#12479;&#12391;&#12377; RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    At least my housemates have said they would buy this, so I don't need to do so again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    ToG F, that's the PS3 version, right? Just making sure, because it would be hilarious if it were the Wii one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs A Familiar Teacher Administrators
    edited February 2011
    They could have released both!
    . . .Yeah, right. :P
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    MasterChief said:
    ToG F, that's the PS3 version, right? Just making sure, because it would be hilarious if it were the Wii one.

Yeah PS3, the buggy mess of a Wii version can stay in Japan :)
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited February 2011
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Wooooooooooooo.

Also, another excuse to *huggles region-free stuff*
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2011
    No need for the optimists to get uppity, now. Most of the pessimism was completely warranted.

It's pretty unanimous among everyone who's played both that Vesperia PS3 is a much better game than Graces F, so I'm kinda sad we didn't get that one, but beggars can't be choosers and this is still great news. Now let's hope Namco doesn't release it at the same time as FFXIII-2.
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    HJ+ said:
    Now let's hope Namco doesn't release it at the same time as FFXIII-2.
    The website says "Coming Soon to North America", so I would assume that means in the next few months, or summer at the latest.
    Get your Portable ID!
  • storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Sweet! Instant buy for me! :)
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • BlitzmageBlitzmage Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Yessssssssssssssss!!!!!
  • GrayWolf323GrayWolf323 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    why did they also tease Tales of Vesperia PS3 if they weren't going to announce it? :(
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2011
    The worst part about that is that they're now saying that was just a really distorted ToGF logo which is just... lol. That was so obviously the Vesperia logo. I'd rather they just told us they changed it to the Vesperia logo for a bit to confuse us than expect us to believe such an obvious lie.

Here's the pic so people can see for themselves: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1708/tove.jpg
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited February 2011
    But it was very trolling on their part.... I'm just half happy.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Hm, this might actually be enough to convince me to get a PS3... but I'll wait and see how good the localization is.
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I think you're safe enough to just get it. The Tales game have always had great localizations, especially the more recent ones.
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • NightfoxNightfox Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Hope and Tales don't go together, but if that linked distorted image is the one that was originally displayed then there's a slim chance that it was multiple titles at once and Graces F is just the first confirmation (there're just too many colors and designs to be a 100% match to Vesperia alone, even distorted). The only reason I say "if" is because I only glanced at the original teaser site and don't remember seeing anything resembling words at all, but like I said, I wasn't paying that much attention.

Or they just used multiple logos so people couldn't guess outright, without thinking about the site name context.
    http://www.shadowdawngenesis.com - follow progress on the upcoming RPG series Shadowdawn on Xbox Live Indie Games and PC (and wherever else we can take it)
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    I imagine that Namco had it planned to do the puzzle thing which would lead people to the taleoftworichards site and then the image would be more of a tease... but it didn't work as they planned. Instead of it taking people a long time to figure out the puzzle, people found the taleoftworichards site before the first puzzle clue was given. So when people started viewing the site, they clearly saw it was Graces F, so Namco had to delay the announcement. Heck, I bet they didn't really even plan to announce it today. I bet they planned a puzzle clue a day, so at least a few weeks before the site was supposed to be found. But then we people started guessing Graces F, they just started distorting it more and adding logos and images from past Namco games, of which Vesperia would be included. And the rest is history.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Zaku77 said:
    I think you're safe enough to just get it. The Tales game have always had great localizations, especially the more recent ones.

On the contrary, I'd argue that the only one that's had a great localization was Vesperia. Symphonia and Abyss were fairly good, but the removal of the opening songs and voice acting in the skits was a pretty big hit (and Symphonia was handled by Nintendo, anyway, so I can't give Namco credit for that). Legendia's was a step worse, and the lack of voice acting for the complete second half of the game really hurt it. The other Tales games have had mediocre localizations at best.
  • sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    YES NAMCO! Swim trunks and bulges for everyone!
  • storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    All US Tales games, except for like Vesperia had the vocals removed from the opening FMVs.
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    The two most recent games have had the voiced skits. I think it's safe to assume that is standard from now on. I think barring that issue with the old ones, they've been very strong.

Editing out the vocals and replacing with guitar is also a fairly common thing with Japanese songs. I believe they've done that with EVERY single DBZ game on PS2, and that's a lot of games lol
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • Gold_guardianGold_guardian Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    storino03 said:
    All US Tales games, except for like Vesperia had the vocals removed from the opening FMVs.

I doubt they'd remove the vocals from the opening since their is already an English version of the song they could use just like they did with Vesperia.
    Looks like we finally get our White Wish xd
    ~Shining Nova~
  • XerainXerain Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I hope they put the Japanese voices not the disc, because is doubtful they're be willing to spend enough money to make the English voices not be ear rending.
    I miss my old prettiful sig.
  • QuinQuin &#12371;&#12428;&#12399;&#12513;&#12479;&#12391;&#12377; RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    HJ+ said:
    It's pretty unanimous among everyone who's played both that Vesperia PS3 is a much better game than Graces F, so I'm kinda sad we didn't get that one, but beggars can't be choosers and this is still great news. Now let's hope Namco doesn't release it at the same time as FFXIII-2.

Uh, what? Graces F stands up extremely well to Vesperia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • abaraabara Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Quin said:
    Uh, what? Graces F stands up extremely well to Vesperia.

Yeah I was going to say, are you sure about that? Graces F is pretty godly. I never bothered with the PS3 version of Vesperia but I think F is several steps above the original 360 Vesperia.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Zbornak said:
    The website says "Coming Soon to North America", so I would assume that means in the next few months, or summer at the latest.
    Can't say, it depends on how far they've got in the localisation process. Seeing as all we've got is an announcement of coming soon I'd be very careful about suggesting anything.

I would expect the localisations to be pretty high quality. Symphonia and Vesperia were both of an excellent standard (haven't played Abyss).
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)