If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Torchlight to Drop on XBLA in March

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited February 2011 in Latest Updates
Torchlight is helping to get the House Party started on Xbox Live Arcade. Bring the grog, and loot, loot, loot!

Story.

Comments

• VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Any word on this coming to the PS3?
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    It's not coming to the PS3. The publisher is Microsoft.
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Paws said:
    It's not coming to the PS3. The publisher is Microsoft.

So was Braid which saw release on the PS3 after some time. In other words, if Runic thinks it's worth their time they could do a port.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    shoptroll said:
    In other words, if Runic thinks it's worth their time they could do a port.
    Which would be relevant if the FAQ on their site didn't already say it's not coming to PS3. No demurring, no "we're interested if a publisher is."
    edited February 2011
    True. It sounds like they're focusing on TL2 and since the XBLA port was done in-house they probably don't have the resources to devote to a PS3 port.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Paws said:
    Which would be relevant if the FAQ on their site didn't already say it's not coming to PS3. No demurring, no "we're interested if a publisher is."

That and I think that I read somewhere that Sony dragged their feet when Runic approached them about bringing Torchlight to PSN and by the time that Sony finally got around to talking to them Runic had already secured a publishing deal with Microsoft.
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Now I'm not sure where to get this game. On Steam or XBLA.

Although to be honest, I really want to see Torchlight on the Mac App store. That would be my first choice. Anyone have any idea if it will show up there?
  • themightyblotthemightyblot New Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    As good as Torchlight is, not having multiplayer kills any want to purchase this for me. I've played the PC version, and enjoyed it, but wished I could play with my friends I used to play Diablo 2 with. You would think with X-Box Live being RIGHT THERE, they'd include multiplayer. Ah well, will have to wait for Torchlight 2.
    edited February 2011
    risingsun said:
    Now I'm not sure where to get this game. On Steam or XBLA.

Although to be honest, I really want to see Torchlight on the Mac App store. That would be my first choice. Anyone have any idea if it will show up there?

Probably should show up on Mac app store at some point. They have a Mac version on Steam and their official site so I don't think it should be an issue for them to get Apple's blessing.

As for XBLA version... how much do you want to use a controller vs. mod support? The mod community appears to have a done a ton with the game, and you probably won't have that on XBLA.

EDIT: Part of the reason they didn't do MP for XBLA is that it would've required a lot of balancing work for the skills. They've talked a fair bit about skill balance with multiplayer which is why they didn't patch it into TL1 and opted to just do it with TL2 where they were starting from scratch with new classes.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I'm thinking Torchlight on Xbox Live is actually more of a warm-up for Torchlight 2 on Live. Get people familiar with the game, then introduce a new version with online multiplayer...and jack up the price, heh.