If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Usagi no shippo - Japandemonium for February 10th, 2011

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited February 2011 in Latest Updates
Tomorrow's a public holiday, which means lots of quality time with my girlfriend and very little time spent online. So you all get the column a day early.

Anyone up for some fried chicken?

Comments

• JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Does that dessert come in a "mouth open" version?
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited February 2011
    I dunno, the last time I had that kind of chicken it was overcooked and greasy. Maybe the next time will be different?
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    *falls over laughing*

I shall call the world of Sandia Watermelon from here forward.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    You see McDonald's ads on TV all the time.
    Ads featuring happy meal toys air during kids' shows. They call it "Happy Set" in Japan though.

And I have an iPhone thing to share too, from Kamen Rider OOO:
    Ankh (pictured) uses this thing ALL THE TIME and is constantly mentioning how useful it is. He never uses it for talking as they have to sell the grasshopper candroid (don't ask) which Ankh uses to communicate with the main character. Ankh later gets an iPad.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    And if I ever watched Kamen Rider, I'd definitely have included THAT in the column
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    flamethrower said:
    Ankh later gets an iPad.

Medal Tracker App sold seperatly on the Apps Store, obviously.

Speaking of, Kamen Rider OOO has monsters called 'Greeed' (Not a typo), the main character uses coins in a vending machine to access a motorbike, and the backup Rider has a Capsule Machine motif. In a merch driven show.

I hope the writers have a good handle on irony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Considering how fast and furious they go through Kamen Rider, Whatever-Ranger, and Ultraman series in this country, I'd expect any long-term writers for those series to have a serious grip on schizophrenia, but probably not irony.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Go go Gaijin-Rider.