If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 164: "Janky"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited February 2011 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 164: "Janky"

Blizzard announces two games come out this year, unless they do not. RPGamer announces you'll like Two Worlds II, unless you do not. And finally, Nintendo announces the next main Pok

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2011
    I haven't listened yet, but you did this just to annoy me didn't you?

Janky is the stupidest term to grace gaming and HEADS WILL ROLL FOR ITS USE HERE!!!!
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    For the record, I didn't use the term on the basis that I have no idea what it means.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • Glowing HyrenGlowing Hyren Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I haven't listened in a while, but the complete lack of Glenn recently (other than the goty cast) has been disappointing. I think he does a good job of keeping things interesting. You should drag him in more often. Reminds me of back in the day with Lusi, Riddles and Ethos.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I don't totally agree with Glowing Hyren, but I would love the addition of a list of cast members on these pod cast threads.
    edited February 2011
    You can click on the first RPG Cast link at the top and it will take you to the archive listing who is on the show.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Macstorm said:
    You can click on the first RPG Cast link at the top and it will take you to the archive listing who is on the show.

Huh... Didn't know we had that feature. ...Wait... I thought I was on Podcast 99B... *goes to check*

EDIT: Yep. I wasn't insane; I knew I did one other episode; 98 and 99B.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Well, variety helps, obviously. Maybe drag Sam or noodle out from wherever they're hiding or something. Not a huge Glenn fan, personally, but meh, I'm not a fan of a great many things.

Good show though, at least the guys seem comfortable with one another and there's a good amount of levity, even if they get many things adorably wrong still. :inlove:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I liked the guy with the southern accent from the GOTY show. I'm terrible with names, so I don't know his, but he should be on more! lol
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
    edited February 2011
    Zaku77 said:
    I liked the guy with the southern accent from the GOTY show. I'm terrible with names, so I don't know his, but he should be on more! lol
    That's me. :)

Also, I'm the one that was and still is interested in Dungeon Siege III. Screw the other games you listed, this I want.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Well then you, be on the show more! lol
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I don't know if you got the message on Twitter Chris, but in the immortal words of Flea:
    "Hey, I'm a GUY!"

(... maybe Flea is a bad source for this quote... grumble grumble)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • CipherinthesnoWCipherinthesnoW Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    That was classic, haha.. *sigh* Phil got attacked by his cat? Great show guys, also, I'm working on a piece of art for your Podcast almost done actually.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I believe for Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, it was said they would start off working against each other before they join forces. Because everyone wants to see a face off between them as much as a collaboration.

I also don't see how there could be too many puzzles preventing Chris' progress, you can normally skip all the puzzles from the random people you meet... Maybe he is going around talking to everyone after every plot event, I know I do that. (But then I like too many puzzles!)

If I had the choice, I would probably choose Dragon Quest VI. But that's mostly because I don't play many SRPGs and Tactics Ogre sounds like one of the trickier ones (I image it will end up as being the better of the two).
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited February 2011
    Just so you know, it's not from gaming. It came out well before its usage in whatever gaming context you've heard it in. We used it in high school to describe anything wonky (another great term).
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited February 2011
    Clix said:
    Huh... Didn't know we had that feature. ...Wait... I thought I was on Podcast 99B... *goes to check*

EDIT: Yep. I wasn't insane; I knew I did one other episode; 98 and 99B.

Fixed. (ADDING LETTERS TO MEET THE MINIMUM POST LENGTH)
    edited February 2011
    I don't care where it came from, it just makes me sad. :(
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited February 2011
    And if any other staffer shows up during the recording time, I'm happy to invite them on the show. If there's someone you'd like to hear more of, I'd encourage you to contact them at their rpgamer email address or on the message boards here and let them know that you'd love to hear them. They like to hear the feedback and it gives them a reason to get up early and do the show. :)
    edited February 2011
    I wish I could. If I was ever at home or free during the recording hour, I'd be glad to hop on and usually try to do so.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm