If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Yakuza 4 Demo Now Available on PSN

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited February 2011 in Latest Updates
A wave of criminal violence has been unleashed upon the PlayStation Network. If you want a taste of what the world of Japanese organized crime is like, now is the time.

[Link]

Comments

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Need to finish yakuza 3 first.

*shakes fist at backlog*
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2011
    I liked Yakuza 3 enough to platinum it despite those diabolical minigames. Wonder if I'll like this one as much, but either way it's already a guaranteed purchase.
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    So did the Dragon Age II demo. 5 guesses what I'm more interested in? image
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2011
    Not sure. My initial guess would be the better game (Yakuza 4), but since you posted a trollface I have to assume you're trying to agitate people by backing the obviously inferior game.

So, my guess is Dragon Age II!
  • OyashiroOyashiro NEEDS MOAR UNDERBOOB! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Battletoads?
    Give me Underboob, or give me death!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "As a gaming enthusiast, people who carry a pro-hacker flag for selfish self-entitled reasons and willfully ignore the damage that rampant piracy does to developers as well as hardware producers don't deserve to enjoy the games and systems that these companies have poured their souls into to produce."

"A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time." ~ David Jaffe
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    HJ+ said:
    Not sure. My initial guess would be the better game (Dragon Age II), but since you posted a trollface to punctuate the fact that Dragon Age II is indeed vastly superior, I have to assume you're trying to agitate people by backing what they think the obviously inferior game because they're blinded up some sort of loyalty to such an awful game series (Yakuza).

So, my guess is Dragon Age II!

Oooh. A reverse troll. But your troll-fu is weak, my friend!

In all honestly, I've played all three games to date and the japanese demo for 4 and no matter how I try, I just can't get into the series. I just can't seem to forgive the fact the obtuse and outdated elements that perforate every pore of the series. I don't know how people gloss over them so easily.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Frozenbabylon said:
    So did the Dragon Age II demo. 5 guesses what I'm more interested in? image

For me it's Yakuza due to it being more sensible download size for the usual amount of demo gameplay :p
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I would be more excited over this if my copy of Yakuza 2 didn't arrive in the mail with a huge crack in it :/. How am I supposed to catch up when there isn't a copy of Yakuza 2 in any game store in my state? T_T
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    freykin said:
    I would be more excited over this if my copy of Yakuza 2 didn't arrive in the mail with a huge crack in it :/. How am I supposed to catch up when there isn't a copy of Yakuza 2 in any game store in my state? T_T

OUCH. Talk about crap luck. Never had that happen to me with an eBay purchase.

But yeah, someone gifted me Yakuza 3 and I was so bored to tears after 3 hours I couldn't bear to do any more. Even FFXIII was more entertaining in its first three, and that's saying something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Frozenbabylon said:
    Oooh. A reverse troll. But your troll-fu is weak, my friend!

In all honestly, I've played all three games to date and the japanese demo for 4 and no matter how I try, I just can't get into the series. I just can't seem to forgive the fact the obtuse and outdated elements that perforate every pore of the series. I don't know how people gloss over them so easily.

Heh heh seriously. Someone actually implied Yakuza 4 will be superior to Dragon Age 2?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief