If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 166: "Zelda: Still Not an RPG"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 166: "Zelda: Still Not an RPG"

Zelda is 25 years old, but we still have to call a spade a spade. Dragon Age II has two buggy releases this week, but Sting gives us hope with a new title announcement.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/166

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Zelda: Still Not an RPG"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

-----------------

We have new artwork this week! Thanks to CipherSnow for making the new RPGCast art. You can see it here:

Comments

• Glowing HyrenGlowing Hyren Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    That dragon looks fat and asleep. I'm not sure that's the kind of face you want to market the RPGcast with...
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I'm interested in Risen 2. :(
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Glowing Hyren said:
    That dragon looks fat and asleep. I'm not sure that's the kind of face you want to market the RPGcast with...

Not to mention the prison stripes.

And yeah, I like the older one better.

Honestly, while I'm ambivalent about DAII, with all the money being spent on Old Republic, I'd hate for this game to become EA's Videodisc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I think it captures the show rather well actually. Especially on certain episodes >_> lol
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Top 5 PSP games to check out
    Jeanne Darc
    Class of Heroes
    Disgaea 2
    Final fantasy Tactics
    Star Ocean second departure
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
  • otakudensetsuotakudensetsu Banned Banned Users
    edited February 2011
    noodle sounds really cute, any way i can meet her?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Yiiii! Bay Area hiphop mentioned on RPGCast, mad love folks. For anyone not familiar with Del's work I highly recommend the Deltron 3030 album as a starting point. While that's not the album the mentioned song Proto Culture is on it is absolutely full of anime, gaming, and scifi references. In fact taken as a whole the album works as a sort of scifi story detailing Del's journey to Mercury and back to participate in an Intergalactic Rap Battle. Fantastic stuff.

This weeks 'cast felt extra relevant as I was listening while beating Fallout: New Vegas (so now you know who one of the two people playing it was) and checking out the Dragon Age 2 demo. Whose combat feels tremendously different from the original to me. Hyphy no likey the change.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Have to fully agree with Mikel about Dragon Quest 6 being to easy. I've almost completed the game and have yet to come across a challenge in the game. Heck the only time someone on my team has died is when Carver was confused and killed Ashlynn. Don't get me wrong I am loving the game, just wish it was a little more of a challenge.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited February 2011
    Those little specters (or whatever they are) in the final area that like to use the Death Dance must not have succeeded with you. Three of my four people died to one unlucky attack from those jerks. Good thing my hero was slow and hit them with Blizzard Breath to ice all five, or I would've been out about 90,000 gold plus revival expenses.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited February 2011
    I kind of wonder if the opposite of what happened to previous games in the Dept. Heaven series will happen with Gungnir: There will be an enchanced (and in 3D!) port on the 3DS.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited February 2011
    HyphyKezzy said:
    Yiiii! Bay Area hiphop mentioned on RPGCast, mad love folks. For anyone not familiar with Del's work I highly recommend the Deltron 3030 album as a starting point. While that's not the album the mentioned song Proto Culture is on it is absolutely full of anime, gaming, and scifi references. In fact taken as a whole the album works as a sort of scifi story detailing Del's journey to Mercury and back to participate in an Intergalactic Rap Battle. Fantastic stuff.
    It's...instupituous.
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    noodle sounds really cute, any way i can meet her?
    :dontgetit::blush::huh2:
    edited February 2011
    noodle! :heart:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    Man, do we need a bouncer in this thread? Step away from the noodle.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited February 2011
    I was gonna say...creepy much? :P
    edited February 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    I was gonna say...creepy much? :P
    you did say it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    you did say it.

Well, I did now. But I was gonna say it before :P
    edited February 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    Well, I did now. But I was gonna say it before :P

are you a troll?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    are you a troll?

Not since I moved out from under that bridge and got some skin cream.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku beat me to it.
    edited February 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    Not since I moved out from under that bridge and got some skin cream.

in other words you are a troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    in other words you are a troll.

In other words, please be true
    In other words, I love you
    edited February 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    In other words, please be true
    In other words, I love you

look you're trolling me right now. well i'm troll proof so you just look like a dumb troll lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Since the first warning flew over your head, knock it off otakudensetsu.
    edited February 2011
    Paws said:
    Since the first warning flew over your head, knock it off otakudensetsu.

but i'm the victim here! don't you do anything about trolls on this forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2011
    Passive aggression isn't victim, it's victim mentality. We have a fantastic moderation team and don't need "mini-modding." If you see someone 'trolling', instead of taking the third grade route and name calling, use the report a post function. Otherwise, you're just the problem.
    edited February 2011
    Paws said:
    Passive aggression isn't victim, it's victim mentality. We have a fantastic moderation team and don't need "mini-modding." If you see someone 'trolling', instead of taking the third grade route and name calling, use the report a post function. Otherwise, you're just the problem.

calling someone a troll isn't name calling it's a title. just like if i was to say you look like a slut, i'm not actually calling you a slut, i'm only stating that you look like one. get it? emeraldsuzaku looks like a troll when he's trolling people. and trolls are dumb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited February 2011
    Boy, this got out of hand quickly. Who pulled out a trident?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited February 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    emeraldsuzaku looks like a troll when he's trolling people. and trolls are dumb.

And you look like a problematic new user who's skating on thin ice. You best start watching what you're saying immediately.

He's not trolling you. You posted something creepy, he called you out on it. That's called "honesty". Your reaction instead was borderline inflammatory and trollish.

End of public discussion. If you have any further questions take them up with Paws or myself via Private Message.
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • CipherinthesnoWCipherinthesnoW Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Glowing Hyren said:

He's not fat and asleep, he's just thinking really hard about how much RPG's Rule! XD

I understand if some people don't like it, thanks for letting me give it a shot. :)