If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Kaeruankou - Japandemonium for March 4th, 2011

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
Every RPG needs ugly fish/frog things. Don't know what I'm talking about? Then read the column, goshdarnit!

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited March 2011
    There have been anglers in RPGs before. . .though the only one that comes to mind is the Pokemon Lanturn, and that's a cute one.

Huh. . .why in the world are they releasing a special Wii edition of Tales of Graces, when not only is there a PS3 version, but it's already outsold the original? *Shrugs*
    Reincarnation, realization
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    I like the class transformation concepts in that Red Stone game, though it'd probably be better if they were used in a higher-quality game than an MMO spinoff.

As for Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos... well, should that ever come out here we know who will be stuck reviewing it. Riiiiiight Nyx? :)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Ocelot said:
    I like the class transformation concepts in that Red Stone game, though it'd probably be better if they were used in a higher-quality game than an MMO spinoff.

As for Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos... well, should that ever come out here we know who will be stuck reviewing it. Riiiiiight Nyx? :)

I REFUSE.... why do I get all the boobie games? ;________;
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Because we wuv you so very much.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Hey, I don't get any mention in the SRW Z2 section? I'm just as much of a mecha nut as anyone else on staff. Do I need to get a SRW avatar for these boards to prove it? Blaster is looking pretty cool, though.

I'm pretty sure I have seen a few anglers as bosses or enemies in random RPGs. I think Narmer, the first boss of Etrain Odyssey 3, was one (or was he more of a catfish? maybe a weird hybrid?). There was a giant Angler Fish as a boss in Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Lurrere from Megaman ZX also is a giant robotic angler fish, though she may not count since that wasn't an RPG...
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I like that you included Catherine's sales, mostly because it allowed for a good comparison. That week, we got to sales for both Catherine and Two Worlds 2 on the PS3 and 360. While the PS3 versions of both outsold the 360 version, the margin looks to be ~33%-50% of the 360 sales. ...That's not terrible, just bad.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I'm surprised to see Two Worlds 2 on there at all. Wonder if it'll have any staying power on the charts there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Never meant to say that there were NO anglers in video games, just that I wished they were more common.

And I'd forgotten about Lurere. She was definitely an interesting design.
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    That mystery girl in the Queen's Blade screenshots seems to be Wonder Momo, the star of an old arcade/Turbographx-16 game that's also known as one of the first games to rely primarily on the appeal of it's female main character for profit.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    that sounds... remarkably appropriate.