If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Master Quest It Up in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
Do you wanna be a master, master, master? Well, the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time is giving you some Master Quest action.

Story

Comments

• shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Woo? My copy of Master Quest is going to be obsolete in 3 months and I still haven't played through it :(
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    shoptroll said:
    Woo? My copy of Master Quest is going to be obsolete in 3 months and I still haven't played through it :(

Me, too! I stopped after getting demolished by flaming keese in the Deku Tree. Fire + wooden shield = sad Suzaku.
    edited March 2011
    I haven't even started the Master Quest. I'm barely into the original game and it's queued up behind a couple other games before I give it my full attention.
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2011
    Master Quest was really disappointing anyway. Let's just say there's a reason the original dungeon designs were used for the actual game. They should have added some actual new content rather than this.
  • BleuVIIBleuVII Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    The worst part of the Master's Quest was that the layout of the dungeons was, almost by necessity, identical. They just switched around the puzzles and the enemies inside.

That being said, it was a nice, new way to play through the game though. Considering that it doesn't take too much to throw it into the 3DS version, I'm glad that they went the extra mile.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I kind of assumed they'd be doing more than just updating graphics. So, this is just going to be straight-up Ocarina of Time, 1998-quality game design and all? Ok then. Don't try too hard, Nintendo; you're only going to make a million bajillion dollars off this.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited March 2011
    My question finally answered! Thanks Nyx.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited March 2011
    ThroneofDravaris said:
    I kind of assumed they'd be doing more than just updating graphics. So, this is just going to be straight-up Ocarina of Time, 1998-quality game design and all? Ok then. Don't try too hard, Nintendo; you're only going to make a million bajillion dollars off this.

They're tweaking the Water Temple. I don't know if there's anything else changing, but it seems to be approximately the same approach they took with Super Mario 64's enhanced port.
  • He Who LurksHe Who Lurks AWESOME! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    shoptroll said:
    it seems to be approximately the same approach they took with Super Mario 64's enhanced port.

So you can play as a bunch of different characters in addition to Link? Because that was the approach SM64DS took.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!