If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Tales of Xillia Character Roster Expands Again

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
An animated teddy bear? Ok, Namco Bandai, you and I need to have a word over what constitutes a good weapon. Hubert, put your SwordGunBow down, I'll get to you in a minute.

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Another little girl... Just 1 grown up woman?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • ElementolElementol Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Didnt we have the whole teddy bear fighting thing with Anise in Abyss?
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister
  • MiyosakaMiyosaka Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I was about to say the same thing re: Anise. Hopefully she'll be a better character than Anise at least!
    thanks for reading
  • rydia of the mistrydia of the mist Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    @Miyosaka, I second that. I tried to like her when I played TOA but I just couldn't. I guess she just didn't appeal to me.

Hopefully I'll like this one, as long as we get the game *crosses fingers*
  • sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Oh My GOD, like...Isn't there a character like this in Atelier Rorona? And doesn't this sound a lot like Anise Tatlin from Tales of the Abyss? And like was Alex Kidd Jewish? , And Didn't Pamela in Mana Khemia have a teddy bear that fought for her? And like...
  • XerainXerain Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Anise was a pretty strong character. Assuming her main use was to have a second player who didn't know how to play sit there and spam her one good skill constantly from range.
    I miss my old prettiful sig.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Miyosaka said:
    I was about to say the same thing re: Anise. Hopefully she'll be a better character than Anise at least!

Jade's sarcasm was the only thing that got me through that game. Vesperia was much better. This update tanked my expectations for this new installment.
  • Tequila MockingbirdTequila Mockingbird Resident Cannibal Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Could be cute, could be annoying, only time will tell. I like the idea of her being a "spirit wielder" (whatever that is) is that like a summoner? Anyway. Talking with/at inanimate objects is always great for the borderline personality characters. She could be a great personality one way or another. I doubt she'll fight anything like Anise or be similar in anyway. Plus Tokunaga was hot mess.

Edit: And by "Fight Like" I mean, make the teddy bear grow big and hop on its back.