If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy III iOS to Have a Simultaneous Release

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
The enhanced iOS port of Final Fantasy III DS will be out sometime later this month all around the world. You'll be able to play it in your language, whether you speak English, Nihongo, Espa
" I think this is why aging makes humans die! "

Comments

• storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    While it was good on the DS, they shouldn't have made it 3D. Looks absolutely horrid. Just play the PSP re-releases of FF1/FF2/FF4 and you'll see what I mean. 2D graphics maintain their age better than 3D on a crappy portable (when done right).
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Where's the Esperanto version? That's what I wanna know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 2011
    This is one Ipod game I might just buy. I normally don't buy ipod games unless they are a buck or less but this might be worth it. Played FF3 a bit on 'Cat's DS but I'd like to have a copy of my own.
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I might pick this one up, but I have to finish Crimson Gem Saga first.
  • lordyuanshulordyuanshu Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    storino03 said:
    While it was good on the DS, they shouldn't have made it 3D. Looks absolutely horrid. Just play the PSP re-releases of FF1/FF2/FF4 and you'll see what I mean. 2D graphics maintain their age better than 3D on a crappy portable (when done right).
    That is my thought too. The 2D is so much better than that ugly 3D. Hard to care too much though, it's just an iPhone release.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited March 2011
    storino03 said:
    Just play the PSP re-releases of FF1/FF2/FF4 and you'll see what I mean.
    Yes I see what you mean if that was the PSP produces better graphics than the DS. If FFIII DS had been on a PSP then it could have looked almost as good as something like Kingdom Hearts BBS.

But otherwise it would be unfair to compare those examples against FFIII DS, you really should have chosen more realistic examples like Dragon Quest IV DS, or The World Ends with You.

(And I have no idea about iOS and whether the graphics have been suitable enhanced for its 3d capabilities.)
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    silktail said:
    Yes I see what you mean if that was the PSP produces better graphics than the DS. If FFIII DS had been on a PSP then it could have looked almost as good as something like Kingdom Hearts BBS.

But otherwise it would be unfair to compare those examples against FFIII DS, you really should have chosen more realistic examples like Dragon Quest IV DS, or The World Ends with You.

(And I have no idea about iOS and whether the graphics have been suitable enhanced for its 3d capabilities.)

I think what Storino is saying is that they should have gone the high-res 2D route, like the PSP FF1/2/4 remakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.