If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dissidia Duodecim Prepares a Prologus

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
An infamously awkward name gets even longer with Dissidia Duodecim Prologus Final Fantasy. If this goes on, I don't think even Square Enix will be able to keep track of these names.

[Link]

Comments

• storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Did anyone else find the Dissidia story to be rather pathetic? I couldn't stand when it was announced that it would be the stereotypical light vs dark in the first game. I mean, really?
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited March 2011
    storino03 said:
    Did anyone else find the Dissidia story to be rather pathetic? I couldn't stand when it was announced that it would be the stereotypical light vs dark in the first game. I mean, really?

Yeah, it's crap, with bowdlerized personae for the character.
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    hey! prishe is in dissidia duodecim!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Wait... you have to PAY for the demo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Pay to play DEMO? For a PSP game?!

Is the PSP that big in Japan or is SquareEnix just insane?
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    The answer, of course, is yes.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • QuinQuin これはメタです RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Confessor Rahl said:
    Wait... you have to PAY for the demo?

Really, it's paid DLC (Aerith as a support character) with a game attached.

For 300 Yen, I had a lot of fun with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • TiaelTiael Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    That and while it may function as a demo in some cases, aside from arcade mode it has a scenario featuring Lightning prior to the events of Duodecim not included in the main game, so it's a prologue more than a demo.
    Also, like Quin said, it unlocks an Aerith assist in the main game, as well as some accessories that carry over.

It's more DLC than anything.
    edited March 2011
    Also, don't underestimate Aerith. She can paralyze enemies, grant a few seconds of invincibility, heal, and attack with Holy.
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Isn't the game proper coming out in like two weeks? It's kind of weird to have a demo / prologue out that shortly before the actual game.
    edited March 2011
    Cidolfas said:
    Isn't the game proper coming out in like two weeks? It's kind of weird to have a demo / prologue out that shortly before the actual game.

Based on when Japan got Prologus, we should have gotten it about 3-4 weeks ago.

But that's SE for you.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    noodle said:
    hey! prishe is in dissidia duodecim!

yes but it still needed more FFXI NPCs
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    OK, downloaded and played through it... I'm already disliking the Assist Character thing. The camera's bad enough with just two characters. With three, it's practically impossible to see what's going on - and of course the computer has no such problem, so their Assists always work amazingly just by confusing you, whereas yours almost never put a dent in it.

Also, the Cloud fight was ridiculously unfair - he's got over three times your HP!

I'll probably still pick this up and play through it intermittently, but I imagine I'll feel the same way about it as I did the original - ambivalently.