If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Bastion to be Released Summer 2011

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
Ready to defend the last vestige of civilization while some unknown person narrates your every move? Even if you are now, you'll have to wait for this summer to do it.

Story
Reincarnation, realization

Comments

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited March 2011
    The game looks amazing. The 2D artwork is stunning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    I got to demo it today at PAX, and the game's narrator is awesome. It's a very atmospheric game, and the controls were easy to pick up. Video when I get back. :)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • ZerkerZerker Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Looks nice. I'll check it out when the PC version shows up :D
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    The art looks like it was done by the folks who do DOFUS and Wakfu for Ankama. Any connection?
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Looking forward to see your videos.
    edited March 2011
    Ralsu said:
    The art looks like it was done by the folks who do DOFUS and Wakfu for Ankama. Any connection?
    Not that I was able to see, but here's the team if you want to check it out for yourself.
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Guess it's just a coincidence, but man..

Wakfu

Bastion

Click for image

Those two shots look as if they could be the same game to me.
    edited March 2011
    Well, Bastion's art is far less tile-based and the backgrounds/objects are hand-drawn. Take another look at the Bastion shot and note a distinct lack of tile placement and a great deal of irregularity, even if certain objects like the piles of rubble are re-used.
  • abaraabara Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I've been intrigued by this title ever since I saw a behind-the-scenes video set in the "office," which is actually the house of Greg Kasavian (former Gamespot editor). He took the camera up to his bedroom and opened up his drawer of "treasures" including the original floppy edition boxes of Ultima complete with cloth maps... Now there's a man who knows quality. Can't wait to play this one.