If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Cthulhu Saves the World Gets Upgraded to Super Hyper Sexy Edition

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
Zeboyd Games has announced CSTW:SHECEADDPAFH – PEGYCE (WA!). If you don't know what that means, read our news post to find out. Then die a little on the inside.

Story.

Comments

• noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    man, i cannot wait to play CSTW:SHECEADDPAFH – PEGYCE (WA!).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Sounds cool, but I think I've had my fill of the game.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    That name is not long enough
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Wheels said:
    That name is not long enough

Seriously. It lacks "Epic" and "Signature".

Very glad to see the Kickstarter fund worked out!
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • pcaballepcaballe Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Free DLC is the best kind!
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”
    -Einstein
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Indeed can't wait for the upgrade. Any idea what time frame we're looking at for hte upgrades.
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    We're hoping to have it ready for playtesting at the end of the month with a release in April, but given the numerous delays that our last game suffered, I thought we'd play it safe and just say Spring in the press release.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Zeboyd Games said:
    We're hoping to have it ready for playtesting at the end of the month with a release in April, but given the numerous delays that our last game suffered, I thought we'd play it safe and just say Spring in the press release.

That makes sense. I love the name too, like how you're poaking fun at all the "sequals" for so many games.

Also forgot Gaiden
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I should have stuck Gaiden and Turbo in there as well.

Oh and for those interested in our overall development:

Our goal with Breath of Death VII was just to see if we could even make an actual RPG.
    Our goal with Cthulhu Saves the World was to make a highly polished traditional RPG.
    Our goal with our next game is to make an innovative (but still enjoyable) RPG.

i.e. whereas CSTW feels in many ways like a sequel to BoDVII, our next game is going to have a very different style to it (but still be a comedy retro RPG). Some things will still carry over, but we're revamping a lot of basic systems.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • GrayWolf323GrayWolf323 Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    looking forward to getting it on PC, hope it comes to Steam
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Glad to see the kickstarter worked out, I've got it on 360 and will most likely nab the pc version so I can play it on the go on my laptop :)
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Die on the inside? No. Laugh and laugh and laugh? Yes.
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Where do I sign up to become a member of the CSTW:SHECEADDPAFH – PEGYCE (WA!) OFCCPAOWSGPb?*

*That's "Online Fan-Club Community Players' Association Official Website Gold Plus beta."
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Wait a moment.... puts "SHECEADDPAFH – PEGYCE (WA!)" into an anagram solver:

HAPPY CHEESE-FACED GAWD!

Although that would be something silly like "Hyper Alpha Premium Plus of the Year Championship HD Enhanced Edition Super Enhanced - FES Alpha Collector's Edition DX Game Avatars Without Diamond!"
  • chaoticprimechaoticprime Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    For the box art you need to get a Vallejo-esque painter to render a 70's barbarian pulp-fantasy oil painting that barely resembles the contents of the game in any way. That's standard fare retro.