If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dragon Quest IX Hits a Milestone

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
If Dragon Quest IX had a point of experience for every copy sold, it would be over level 99 by now. It's true - we checked.

[Link]

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    I'm so glad to see the DQ series doing well over here. I give a lot of props to Nintendo for marketing it well. Kinda makes me want Ninty to publish more of Squeenix's good games. :D
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    I hope this makes it more likely we get the new Slime game
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Hmmm.... maybe what they're not telling you is that it's going to be multi-platform. THAT might be the reason why it's so hush hush. DQ X has been in development for years and no one is really sure IF or WHEN it will be released. That's my two cents on it. If they want to really impress me, they should make it multi-platform. It would be a first for the series and it could be the start of a whole new slew of fans if they went this route. They probably won't but at least its an idea. I mean, if IX broke records, think of what this could do to the series. Old school IS being very well received lately and this would be really awesome if it were to happen.
  • TiaelTiael Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Nah, it's just their biggest series in Japan, they'll show it when they're ready.
    They've confirmed recently (as in a few months) it's still coming only for the Wii.
  • MegaloSaroMegaloSaro Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Not just a few months ago. Yuji Horii RE-RE-RE-RE-REconfirmed it was for the Wii when DQVI came out here.
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    MegaloSaro said:
    Not just a few months ago. Yuji Horii RE-RE-RE-RE-REconfirmed it was for the Wii when DQVI came out here.

And that, folks, will pretty much guarantee me FINALLY gettin a Wii.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Of these sales, more than a million were made in North America and Europe.
    Which area sold more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    reionpremente said:
    Hmmm.... maybe what they're not telling you is that it's going to be multi-platform. THAT might be the reason why it's so hush hush. DQ X has been in development for years and no one is really sure IF or WHEN it will be released. That's my two cents on it. If they want to really impress me, they should make it multi-platform. It would be a first for the series and it could be the start of a whole new slew of fans if they went this route. They probably won't but at least its an idea. I mean, if IX broke records, think of what this could do to the series. Old school IS being very well received lately and this would be really awesome if it were to happen.

@EmeraldSuzaku: Heh... well, at least we HEARD SOMETHING... I hope it will be worth the wait. Now, if ONLY they'd say SOMETHING about The Last Story and XenoBlade... Not that I'm expecting SE to answer but that we hear SOMETHING about a US localization. If they actually DO release them over here, the Wii will finally get some GOOD RPG's! ~_^ Not saying Arc Rise wasn't good... all you need to do is to turn off the English dub and you have a rather decent game!
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    reionpremente said:
    @EmeraldSuzaku: Heh... well, at least we HEARD SOMETHING... I hope it will be worth the wait. Now, if ONLY they'd say SOMETHING about The Last Story and XenoBlade... Not that I'm expecting SE to answer but that we hear SOMETHING about a US localization. If they actually DO release them over here, the Wii will finally get some GOOD RPG's! ~_^ Not saying Arc Rise wasn't good... all you need to do is to turn off the English dub and you have a rather decent game!

Huh? Do you mean Tiael or MegaloSaro?