If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Aksys Games Has a Japan Benefit Sale

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
The events in Japan over the last week have been truly horrible. Aksys Games is doing what they can to help, by donating 100% of their profits from this sale to the relief effort.

UPDATE: Aksys Games has tweeted that all profits from their online store will be donated to the Japan relief effort, not just those items on sale.

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• otakudensetsuotakudensetsu Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2011
    for any Canadians reading this, you are out of luck, this sale is for US only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited March 2011
    There's that boobie mousepad again, trying to tempt me. Must resist...
  • 7thCircle7thCircle RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    watcher said:
    There's that boobie mousepad again, trying to tempt me. Must resist...

But it's for a good cause! If you want to help Japan, you will buy the boobie mousepad.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    for any Canadians reading this, you are out of luck, this sale is for US only.

:(

I can never seem to find any of their releases in this back water town of Winnipeg.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Could be worse. I lived for years in Brandon.

(Buy from Amazon. You'll be happier for it. The EBs in Winnipeg are so terribad!)
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Amazon.ca or .com? The Canadian one doesn't seem to know about some of Aksys' releases (such as their DS Kunio localizations), and I can't seem to figure out how to get the US one to ship to Canada, though to be honest I haven't put that much effort into it.
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I'm not sure Winnipeg is better than Brandon. It's really... really really really dirty.

I live in Vancouver. It's practically in Washington. I should be able to take advantage of this sale. By sale I mean relief effort.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
  • RebochanRebochan Who needs Rinoa anyway? Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Razzin' frazzin'....they totally got me. I was trying to come up with a charity anyway. That's how I'll justify it.

Not sure what to do with that boob mousepad though. Pretty sure I can't take it to work.
    "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." -- Diogenes
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited March 2011
    7thCircle said:
    But it's for a good cause! If you want to help Japan, you will buy the boobie mousepad.
    I would have countered with my having been unemployed for 7 of the last 12 months, then I got a new job offer within hours. So the odds of my succumbing are now high.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Jungyin said:
    Amazon.ca or .com? The Canadian one doesn't seem to know about some of Aksys' releases (such as their DS Kunio localizations), and I can't seem to figure out how to get the US one to ship to Canada, though to be honest I haven't put that much effort into it.
    Yeah, Amazon.ca is fale. I think they order like 3 of any title that isn't AAA. Luckily, you can now order on-line from Gamestop at Gamestop.ca, or, if your title isn't super-niche, you can order from Futureshop.ca for (currently) about $5-$10 less than Gamestop/EB charges for games.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Rebochan said:
    Not sure what to do with that boob mousepad though. Pretty sure I can't take it to work.

Sure you can. If anyone has a problem with it, tell them to stop making waves.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    No, boobie mousepads are really not suitable for the workplace, unless the workplace is "Aksys Games While Developing Agarest War."
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Ocelot said:
    No, boobie mousepads are really not suitable for the workplace, unless the workplace is "Aksys Games While Developing Agarest War."

Or "Gearbox While Developing Duke Nukem Forever"