If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 169: "Ooky Games"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 169: "Ooky Games"

This week, Anna Marie is scared of Aya Brea. Then we see Free Realms pretend to be free. Finally, Cthulu Saves the World gets the best subtitle ever. Also, go donate to Japan.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/169

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Ooky Games"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Thank you for sparing us the RPG Cast slash fiction that inevitably will be created if it hasn't already. (Damn you Rule 34.)
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
  • otakudensetsuotakudensetsu Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2011
    mhmm... mhmm... mhmm...

do you think duodecim will come out with a complete version containing all the down loadable content if i wait a year to buy the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadow4699Shadow4699 Over 500 PKMN? Firetruck! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    If you are mocking my novel Shaymin, then I must respectfully tell you Bleh! I shall make another novel! One that is even great than the last, one that shall have over 10 RPGCast members, including Manny! I shall teach you that you do not mock the power, of the great Shadow4699! I shall return! Also love the podcast.
    Always bring a gun to a knife fight. ~ Me!
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited March 2011
    Looks like this week's show will have to be on Friday due to Midwest Gaming Classic being this weekend! So, what I need from you all:

a) Some questions to do Random Encounters with on the Friday night show. Send in those questions to be discussed with a four minute time limit to podcast@rpgamer.com.
    b) Requests for things or games to look for and do at Midwest Gaming Classic!
    b) People to show up for the live stream on Friday night at 7PM Pacific / 10PM Eastern!
  • caddyalancaddyalan Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I played the PC/Mac version of Winter Wolves' The Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook and enjoyed it. It's worksafe, and even though some characters have silly names (Marian the librarian, Uncle Sam), the writing is rather good. Just keep in mind that it's all too common to see the bad ending on the PC/Mac version -- in order to succeed, the player has to figure out how to maintain the garden without becoming exhausted, and become friends with all the characters. So if you're not interested in a challenge, then you might prefer the iOS/Android version, which costs less, and does not include the simulation elements, essentially making it a visual novel.

It seems that Chris wants a four minute question. How about "What's your favorite RPG ending sequence?" Not the final battle, but everything after that. There's so many endings which are disappointing or poorly written... which ones are genuinely good?
    edited March 2011
    To answer the only appropriate question of otaku's post, which has been removed:

Off the top of my head? Persona 3, Persona 4 -- well, almost every SMT game, really -- Koudelka, Shadow Hearts (though iirc 2 was T), Parasite Eve, Vandal Hearts, Demon's Souls, Deus Ex.
  • JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: Kirin Administrators
    edited March 2011
    How about "what's your favorite RPG that no one you know seems to have played?" Not the games that were ignored for a good reason, there are plenty of those.
    It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.
    edited March 2011
    Paws said:
    To answer the only appropriate question of otaku's post, which has been removed:

Off the top of my head? Persona 3, Persona 4 -- well, almost every SMT game, really -- Koudelka, Shadow Hearts (though iirc 2 was T), Parasite Eve, Vandal Hearts, Demon's Souls, Deus Ex.

the game has to have next gen graphics otherwise what's the point?

i think these threads should have ratings so i know what i can and can't post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    You asked about JRPGs, not new ones.
    edited March 2011
    well excuse me princess!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    This is what you wanted.
    [video=youtube;hiyBO-ty4fs]

On that note however, we'll get back on topic.
  • Zaku77Zaku77 Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Anna and Chris act like an old married couple. The cutting each other off, the bickering and sniping. It seems to be getting worse each week too. It's rather funny though, so no worries >XD
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HellDestroyer77?feature=mhee
    edited March 2011
    We talk a lot outside of the 'cast. We run into the same problem when Mikel is on, but we'll try to dial it back :oops:
    edited March 2011
    Paws said:
    We talk a lot outside of the 'cast. We run into the same problem when Mikel is on, but we'll try to dial it back :oops:

Ah, no worries. I just had to point it out =P
    Check out my fledgling youtube channel. It's small now, but if I get more subscribers I will start doing more with it, so stay tuned!

edited March 2011
    Until someone points it out, we won't know it's a problem. Constructive criticism on tone and flow is appreciated.:thumbs-up:
    edited March 2011
    At least it wasn't ooky......>_>

edited March 2011
    *mumble mumble mumble*
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    i thank yas for going through my list of hot fashion guys and gals. and my FFXI outfit. <3
    edited March 2011
    I won't get a chance to talk about this on the 'cast, so here's one for our New Sealand follower:
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    OK Paws, that's just made of cute and awesome and win. Though... Is that a bib? o_O

Speaking of Pokemon, I must admit to my shock that Manny was such an... Aggressive killjoy. I mean, it's OK to not like something, but wow, it almost sounded for a second like trollbaiting the Pokemon fans.

With that in mind...

Even more RPokemonGamers.

Click thumb to enlarge. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited March 2011
    A friend of mine made it, and yeah it is a bib.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Cuteness overload... /me dies
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited March 2011
    That bib is just too cute for words!

Aw, I'm a Beautifly? Not a Latias or a Sceptile? Ah well, I sort of like Beautifly, anyway.

I imagine Mikel would protest at not being some sort of Dragon type.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Strawberry Eggs said:
    That bib is just too cute for words!

Aw, I'm a Beautifly? Not a Latias or a Sceptile? Ah well, I sort of like Beautifly, anyway.

I imagine Mikel would protest at not being some sort of Dragon type.

Hey, I had to be a Geodude. I'm really more of a Charizard, just ask the newsies when they make one of my pet peeve grammar mistakes. :D
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    I don't know what Pokeyman I am and if I'm cute or not. If I'm not cute, I will be sad. :(
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Nyx said:
    I don't know what Pokeyman I am and if I'm cute or not. If I'm not cute, I will be sad. :(

I dunno, I thought you were pretty cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Shadow4699Shadow4699 Over 500 PKMN? Firetruck! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I'm definitely a Munchlax....munch.
    Always bring a gun to a knife fight. ~ Me!