If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

ESRB Leaks Localized Release of Wizardry Title

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
As paradoxical as it sounds, the ESRB has become an invaluable resource in leaking games before their official announcement. Case in point: a new Wizardry title.

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    DUDE! SWEET!

I wonder if the other PS3 one will get localized, too....

I am SO getting this game.
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I keep forgetting Japan still makes Wizardry games. For a moment I thought Sir-Tech had risen from their graves.
    edited March 2011
    Sir-Tech pulling an Altered Beast would be pretty sweet, but at least Japan does make good Wizardry games. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo to one of the PSN ones.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    As a long time Wizardry fan, I kinda wish this was getting a disc-based release. There'd be something amusing about having the series represented across all the console generations (with the boxes/games to prove it).
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Hooray! I remember the PS2 one that came over here, and it was excellent.
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I'm in.

white
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Well, it looks like I now have the opportunity to personally learn the difference between the Western and Eastern Wizardry series. :)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Nice, I was hoping it would get localized but didn't expect it to.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Well, it looks like I now have the opportunity to personally learn the difference between the Western and Eastern Wizardry series. :)

You haven't played the demos yet? They are on the Japanese PSN store.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Nope, I like to play stuff with text that I can fully understand. Yes, even demos.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    LordKaiser said:
    You haven't played the demos yet? They are on the Japanese PSN store.

Hell, not even that, I can't imagine Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land is that pricey on eBay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited March 2011
    well I didn't saw much difference in game play but just in visual style who gives the game a anime like feel with the portraits that looks like the ones Falcom do on their games.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I am definitely going to check this out. I downloaded a Japanese demo of a Wizadry game and it looked really interesting. I hope it's good. You know, XSeed is bringing all these awesome games stateside but they're all for PSP. I don't play PSP so I've been jealous as hell all this time. Finally the PS3 gets one. I want them to bring that Trails in the Sky game to PS3, too.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    LegendaryZoltan said:
    I want them to bring that Trails in the Sky game to PS3, too.

That's pretty much beyond XSEED's ability, unless Falcom ports it first.
  • WyrdwadWyrdwad Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I don't play PSP
    (in Adam Savage voice) "Well there's your problem!" ;)

...Seriously, though, the PSP is like, my favorite system ever. You should totally get one -- they're super-cheap now, and WELL worth the money.

-Tom
    edited March 2011
    Wyrdwad said:
    (in Adam Savage voice) "Well there's your problem!" ;)

...Seriously, though, the PSP is like, my favorite system ever. You should totally get one -- they're super-cheap now, and WELL worth the money.

-Tom

Or he could wait for the NGP since it seems Falcom have a NGP developer kit in their office.

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/03/falcom-developing-ngp-rpg

If they do a very awesome game on NGP I'm counting on you to convince Xseed to localize it.
  • WyrdwadWyrdwad Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I don't think a lot of convincing will be needed, unless it's like... a Nintendogs-style pet game.

...Falcomongoose. (:

(Actually, I would totally play that! Heheheheh)

-Tom
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    There are some English screenshots here. Also, XSeed announced that the game would be available this spring :)
    Get your Portable ID!
    edited March 2011
    But I'm confused... It's that the first or sencond game? There's 2 in the JPSN store.
    edited March 2011
    LordKaiser said:
    But I'm confused... It's that the first or sencond game? There's 2 in the JPSN store.

First, I believe.
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I wonder how much this is going to cost. Does anyone know how much the game cost in Japan?
    Get your Portable ID!
    edited March 2011
    I think they where $1500 yen but I'm not sure and I no longer have a PS3 to check.
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited March 2011
    No no no. I'm the type of gamer that likes to finish one game completely before moving on to the next. If I bought a PSP there would all of a sudden be a million more games added to my list of games I feel OBLIGATED to play. Hahaha.