If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

War in the North Shows Off Its Brutality

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
Gratuitous bloodshed seems like a somewhat odd stylistic choice for a Lord of the Rings game, but here it is. At least you'll be able to re-enact Legolas and Gimli's decapitation contest now.

[Link]

Comments

• KeldarusKeldarus RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Interesting, but why is it a LOTR game when it could have been an amazing start to a new series, as I don't remember LOTR being so graphic. Either way, can't wait to see more and play it.

-Kel
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Decapitations in the North.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of Dragoon | Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin | Samurai Warriors 4| Metro: Last Light Redux
  • RalsuRalsu Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Dragon Age: War in the North
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Yeah. I didn't think it was going to be that type of game. Hmmm. I was just interested in playing an MMO with dwarves and elves in it.
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited March 2011
    haha the first thing that popped in my head was LOTR: Origins.

This game looks badass, and the violence seems about on par with the movies. The movies had a few decapitations each, it's just that the game will have more because there will be more fighting, cuz it's a game.

I'll give this one a try, but really, I wish people would choose a different time period for making tolkein games. The LOTR time frame is just about bled dry.
    sup?
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2011
    I'm interested in this simply because Snowblind studios are making the game. I liked both Norrath games and Baldur's Gate: DA was an ok game.