If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Persona 2 Innocent Sin Unveils the Climax Theater

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited March 2011 in Latest Updates
What is better than a Persona game? A Persona game with a theoretically infinite amount of content, that's what.

[Link]

Comments

• Lucent85Lucent85 New Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    This sounds pretty interesting. I'm also glad that Persona 2 will be on the PSP. I didn't really get a chance to play it on the Playstation.
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    None of us in North America did. This one is a remake of the "first part" of Persona 2, the one that was released in English on the Playstation was the "second part", Eternal Punishment.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited March 2011
    A little late on the story (knew about it last week), but I can't wait for that quest creation. It's so good that it makes my mind try to explode in an attempt to fathom how it would all fit on a UMD.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • otakudensetsuotakudensetsu Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2011
    that's nice, however it's irrelevant unless it gets a north american release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    otakudensetsu said:

Ummm... This site covers non US releases too yo. So yeah. Relevant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    otakudensetsu said:

Oh come on, you seriously think this game isn't going to get a North American release?

Persona 3 and 4 were the two most successful titles Atlus has ever released here next from Demon's Souls. The name alone makes it worth bringing over for them.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
    edited March 2011
    omegabyte said:
    Oh come on, you seriously think this game isn't going to get a North American release?

Persona 3 and 4 were the two most successful titles Atlus has ever released here next from Demon's Souls. The name alone makes it worth bringing over for them.

no you come on! i never said i thought it wouldn't get a north american release, in fact i believe it will a release here. as someone who only plays japanese games i feel there are people out there trying to screw me out of my games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    no you come on! i never said i thought it wouldn't get a north american release, in fact i believe it will a release here. as someone who only plays japanese games i feel there are people out there trying to screw me out of my games.

EH? Could you clarify this? Like, a shadowy organization or someone with/without business sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited March 2011
    The should do a Persona 2 complete edition and release it on the NGP completely remade.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited March 2011
    LordKaiser said:
    The should do a Persona 2 complete edition and release it on the NGP completely remade.

Ahh Kaiser. I always love your pipe dreams :) At least someone is an optimist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

• EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Maybe a pack-in with the Tales of Vesperia PS3 disc? :P

In all seriousness, I'd expect it to make it over here. We've been getting all the other Persona stuff, after all.
    edited March 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    Confessor Rahl said:
    EH? Could you clarify this? Like, a shadowy organization or someone with/without business sense?

I think he's referring to SEGA and their need to deprive North America of any and all Shining games. I'm still waiting for them to bring over Shining Wind...and I have a feeling I'll be waiting until PS2 titles are available to download to play on the PS3/PS4 (whenever that is).
    User Database Check
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    I think he's referring to SEGA and their need to deprive North America of any and all Shining games. I'm still waiting for them to bring over Shining Wind...and I have a feeling I'll be waiting until PS2 titles are available to download to play on the PS3/PS4 (whenever that is).

SEGA only releases games when it knows that it can completely fail to market them, release them alongside three of their own similar titles, and put them up against huge name games they can't hope to compete with. It's their way.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Confessor Rahl said:
    Ahh Kaiser. I always love your pipe dreams :) At least someone is an optimist.

Hey now, Atlus could do the first half. They're keen like that (FES).
    edited March 2011
    omegabyte said:
    SEGA only releases games when it knows that it can completely fail to market them, release them alongside three of their own similar titles, and put them up against huge name games they can't hope to compete with. It's their way.

That explains alot.
    User Database Check
    edited March 2011
    Confessor Rahl said:
    Ummm... This site covers non US releases too yo. So yeah. Relevant.

one of many articles i won't be reading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Then on that note, let's get back on the topic of the article.
  • reionprementereionpremente Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Why wait? I'd rather have IS and EP together RIGHT NOW for the PSP.
  • DeiserDeiser New Member Full Members
    edited March 2011
    reionpremente said:
    Why wait? I'd rather have IS and EP together RIGHT NOW for the PSP.
    There ARE people out there who would not buy a game if it's simply a port of an old game. While IS is new, EP is not, and there has to be incentive for players new to the series to try the game.

Also IIRC, there was an interview back when IS for the PSP was first announced that explained that they did consider putting both games together, but it would take way too much space.
    edited March 2011
    Confessor Rahl said:

who knows? it could even be you! or the people who decided we didn't get it the first time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited March 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    who knows? it could even be you! or the people who decided we didn't get it the first time.

Right, anyway. Hoping this won't be another piece of overrated trash like Persona 3 is.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    i feel there are people out there trying to screw me out of my games.

There are such people: pirates
    edited March 2011
    Wheels said:
    There are such people: pirates

damn pirates! who pirates a japanese rpg? come on people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2011
    Yarr-desu.
    *hides from Quin*
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Paws said:
    Yarr-desu.
    *hides from Quin*
    おまえはもう死んでいる
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited March 2011
    That may be the GREATEST version of that song I've ever heard!
    User Database Check