If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sting Announces Gloria Union

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited April 2011 in Latest Updates
It isn't pouring yet, but there certainly has been a rain of announcements today. The latest one comes from Sting, who apparently thought the best way to make Yggdra Union better was to add more pirates.

[Link]

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2011
    Well duh, pirates make everything better! Arr!
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • shoptrollshoptroll Have towel will travel Full Members
    edited March 2011
    Ocelot said:
    Well duh, pirates make everything better! Arr!

Ninjas respectfully disagree. *whoosh*
    So long & thanks for all the fish!
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited March 2011
    With all these PSP announcements I'm not surprised the PSP sold better than the 3DS in japan last week.
  • Glowing HyrenGlowing Hyren Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    The question is now: What will the subtitle be? You can't have a _______ union game without a super long subtitle.
    Please Donate to RPGamer's Extra Life team!
    http://www.extra-life.org/participant/diceadmiral
  • EldracEldrac Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Darn, Yggdra Union was probably my least favorite game in the Dept Heaven series thus far. Wish they'd make another unique game :)
  • ashuashu Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Eldrac best be trolling. Yggdra Union was easily the best Dept. Heaven game. I loved Knights a ton and could see the argument that it's better, but to say that Yggdra's worse than Riviera. LOL to you, sir. LOL. (opinions.txt)

THAT SAID. If Gloria wants to succeed where Blaze Union failed, they had best ditch the mission-based plot progression. Cohesive plot plz, Sting. You're good at that, so don't make shoddy pre/sequels with subpar plots like other companies! You're better than them! Conversely, whatever Hayashi (Shall we call it "Shigeki Hayashi"?) was on when he wrote the BU OST, he needs more of that awesome stuff, stat. The music in that game is nothing short of glorious.

Verdict: I am very interested in this. Very. Until they announce missions again. Then I might be more wary. :/
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Eldrac said:
    Darn, Yggdra Union was probably my least favorite game in the Dept Heaven series thus far. Wish they'd make another unique game :)
    Well, they are making Gungnir right now, which is clearly different than other Dept. Heaven fare. It'll probably be unique, if nothing else.
  • ElementolElementol Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Yggdra is one of my favorite PSP games so Im definitely gonna be paying attention to this game.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    ashu said:
    Eldrac best be trolling. Yggdra Union was easily the best Dept. Heaven game. To say that Yggdra's worse than KitN or Riviera. LOL to you, sir. LOL. (opinions.txt)

THAT SAID. If Gloria wants to succeed where Blaze Union failed, they had best ditch the mission-based plot progression. Cohesive plot plz, Sting. You're good at that, so don't make shoddy pre/sequels with subpar plots like other companies! You're better than them! Conversely, whatever Hayashi (Shall we call it "Shigeki Hayashi"?) was on when he wrote the BU OST, he needs more of that awesome stuff, stat. The music in that game is nothing short of glorious.

Verdict: I am very interested in this. Very. Until they announce missions again. Then I might be more wary. :/

Excellent post that I agree completely with, my good IRC friend.
  • ashuashu Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Don't think that I failed to notice that omission, my friend! ;)

But, to each his own. Except those who would say that YU's not the best. Obviously liars!
  • tootbrushtootbrush Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Sigh. Another awesome Sting announcement, yet I'm not happy, because a certain publisher whose name rhymes with 'cactus' probably won't bring it over. I hope XSEED or whoever wrangles the Union Series out of their hands, since it's becoming increasingly apparent that they're not interested in it.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    tootbrush said:
    Sigh. Another awesome Sting announcement, yet I'm not happy, because a certain publisher whose name rhymes with 'cactus' probably won't bring it over. I hope XSEED or whoever wrangles the Union Series out of their hands, since it's becoming increasingly apparent that they're not interested in it.

If Atlus is wary to localize the games, why would anyone else?