If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

First Details for Mass Effect 3

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited April 2011 in Latest Updates
Dying to know whether Tali will join the team in Mass Effect 3? Too bad, since this article won't answer that question, but it will answer many similar ones.

[Link]

Comments

• QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    [quote=Article]No recruitable Mordin

This makes me sadface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Quin said:
    This makes me sadface.

Double sadface. Also no playable Wrexy also makes me sadface. :(
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    No, you don't understand what really should be bringing the sad face. Kaiden/Ashley and their annoyingness is coming back. mega-sadface.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    No, you don't understand what really should be bringing the sad face. Kaiden/Ashley and their annoyingness is coming back. mega-sadface.

BUT...maybe you can lead them to their timely deaths?
  • NergalNergal The Don Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like they're going all out with this one. Should be bloody amazing!
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    The spoiler there is interesting. The Arrival DLC was pretty lackluster and dull imho. If the reapers are half as destructive as they appeared to be in ME1, then it seems like an odd starter.
    edited April 2011
    Wheels said:
    BUT...maybe you can lead them to their timely deaths?

the greatest failing of the first mass effect game was that you could only nuke one of them.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    the greatest failing of the first mass effect game was that you could only nuke one of them.

Is it mean that I purposely nuked Kaiden because he drove me bonkers? :D;
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Nyx said:
    Is it mean that I purposely nuked Kaiden because he drove me bonkers? :D;

I wanted to, but Ashley and her speciesism drove me even more bonkers.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    I wanted to, but Ashley and her speciesism drove me even more bonkers.
    Bigoted religious person that quotes Walt Whitman? That's a nukin'
  • KiralynKiralyn Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I nuked Carth, er Kaidan to make sure Liara didn't have to worry about any competition. Well, and he's Carth. :)

...any word yet on a Mass Effect 2 Ultimate edition? I'd like to do a playthrough with the DLCs before ME3 comes out.... (I skipped all the pay DLC to avoid their store. And didn't even bother with all the free stuff, because, well, I'd uninstalled it after the second play to make room for other games. And I'd want to do a full play rather than just bouncing into an old save to do one DLC, anyway.)
  • SavorienSavorien Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Just give me an Elcor squadmate. That's all I'm asking for.
    Vanillaware’s 2D is, once again, shaming their competitor’s 3D. It’s like, what are you even doing with your extra D, jerks? Maybe we should hold that extra D in reserve for you, like a trust, until you are ready. - Tycho, Penny Arcade
    edited April 2011
    would you want that with the romance option?

"Flirtatious: Oh Shepard, you always seem to say the right thing."
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Lol!

Glad to see I'm not the only who could see past Ashley's body for the jerk she really was.

I liked Carth, so that might explain my fascination with Kaiden and Alistair.
    edited April 2011
    The thing that gets me is you get this HUGE EPIC OPENING as the plot buildup from the first two games hits home head on, and then you run away and spend your time doing what you did in the first two games ("squad building"), without the awesome characters that made ME2 fun to play.

I want to be wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited April 2011
    Earth populace: Oh my god! will anyone save us from the horrible alien robots!?

Shepard: Just gimme like 2 hours to gather more Eezo, check out these three distress beacons and convince Garrus I'm a cool, trustworthy guy...again.
  • Confessor RahlConfessor Rahl Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Any issues I had with the ME2 DLC crap aside, ME3 is my single most anticipated game of the last five years easy. I can't wait to see ow it all unfolds!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    would you want that with the romance option?

"Flirtatious: Oh Shepard, you always seem to say the right thing."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6x9l4W_g6A
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I do feel that it's kind of lame that the third game is starting off assuming you have played one of the DLC for the second one.
    edited April 2011
    The thing that gets me is you get this HUGE EPIC OPENING as the plot buildup from the first two games hits home head on, and then you run away and spend your time doing what you did in the first two games ("squad building"), without the awesome characters that made ME2 fun to play.

I want to be wrong.
    I totally agree. If the third game is supposed to be the final epic confrontation with the Reapers, why bother building a squad? Make the entire team available from the get-go. Allow us to build everyone up from the beginning.

Unless...Earth is totally destroyed by the Reaper invasion, a number of Shepherd's squad is killed in the ensuing attack, and he/she is forced to flee the Sol system. The Reapers begin transforming the planets in the Sol system into their base of operations. Shepherd, his squad decimated, must find new allies he can trust. We already know Bioware is ready to kill off the ENTIRE roster of characters, Shepherd included, if circumstances permit it, plus that would explain why Cerberus would turn on Earth's biggest hero (Shepherd flees Earth instead of fighting the Reapers).

If there is something somewhere that contradicts that, fine, but the above scenario works.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Quin said:

I want to be wrong.

Wait, isn't that exactly what ME2 did? Create a huge, epic opening as a plotbuildup for the first game, and then you run away and build a squad without any of the awesome characters that made ME1 so much to play?

I'm sure the new characters will be just as awesome as ME1's and ME2's.
    Shepard: Just gimme like 2 hours to gather more Eezo, check out these three distress beacons and convince Garrus I'm a cool, trustworthy guy...again.
    I'd put money on BioWare making use of the crafting node system they used in Dragon Age 2 for mining in ME3. It's too good to not re-use.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
    edited April 2011
    Wait, isn't that exactly what ME2 did? Create a huge, epic opening as a plotbuildup for the first game, and then you run away and build a squad without any of the awesome characters that made ME1 so much to play?
    Whaddya mean none of the awesome characters from ME1? Tali and Garrus not awesome enough for you? ME2 didn't feel very epic at the beginning. More like a kick in the pants...

I don't think Quin's point was so much "I gotta play the same game again!?", as it was "I will play the same game again, but it better end with a sequence befitting such a memorable event!". We can accept ME2 for what it was because it was so much better than the first, but I doubt ME3 can get much better, so if it's time for the big baddies to attack en masse, than there better be a heck of a lot more to the final battle than a few foot-battles, a boss fight with a normal guy sporting armor and shields, and a nice CG animation of a bomb blowing away the Reapers. Maybe that's okay for some people, but there are a lot of other people who won't be satisfied with something so...familiar.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Thank God this is coming out soon. My sex life has been on a low ebb lately.
    Currently playing:
    Ys: The Ark of Naphishtim | Euro Truck Simulator 2 | Legend of Dragoon
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    omegabyte said:

I'd put money on BioWare making use of the crafting node system they used in Dragon Age 2 for mining in ME3. It's too good to not re-use.
    Seriously. The joy of discovery without the tedium of repeated gathering!
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • DavisDavis 2 Human 2 Furious Full Members
    edited April 2011
    What awesome (I presume party) characters are in Mass Effect 1? They're all self-absorbed victims. Or Wrex.
    edited April 2011
    Come to think of it none of the ME1 got **** done till they became non-playable. too bad the series isn't going to 5 games, Wrex would have made it to god-king of the galaxy by then.
  • ZbornakZbornak Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    There's a small but important error in the original article - "Other characters, including Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson, will appear in the game, but will not join Commander Shepard's team."

The Game Informer article says these character will definitely appear and may or may not be playable. Bioware would only confirm that Liara, Garrus, Ashley/Kaiden, and James Sanders would be squadmates, but that doesn't mean Wrex, Mordin, and Legion won't.
    Get your Portable ID!
    edited April 2011
    Who cares about all that? WHAT ABOUT JACK?!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com

"I remember back when FF9 was coming out. People were rejoicing because it was actually a fantasy game and not a sci-fi game like 7 and 8. It's especially hilarious given modern context, with everyone wanking themselves to dehydration at the thought of an FF7 remake." - Masterchief
    edited April 2011
    Confessor Rahl said:
    Who cares about all that? WHAT ABOUT JACK?!!!

I think if she'd turned up in my game, I'd wonder why Cerberus wasted their budget on another Lazarus Project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    Come to think of it none of the ME1 got **** done till they became non-playable. too bad the series isn't going to 5 games, Wrex would have made it to god-king of the galaxy by then.

The series will definitely go past five games, I have no doubt there will be another trilogy, or a sequence of standalone Shepard games in the future. Wrex will dominate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.powerlinemag.com