If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Lunar: Silver Star Touch Announced for iOS

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The BemusedAdministrators
edited April 2011 in Latest Updates
Not much is known about about Lunar: Silver Star Touch, not even which version it's based on. We can all assume it won't be the GBA version, Lunar Legend, right?

Story
Reincarnation, realization

Comments

• NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    As much as I'm sick of all the Lunar remakes/ports, this one sorta amuses me. :) I can poke Nash and he will do things!

Also weird tidbit, but SoMoGa also did a iPhone/iPod Touch port for Vay, which was an old Sega CD game.
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Capitalism Ho! Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I'm expecting this'll pretty much be an iOS version of Silver Star Harmony, so really just a straight port.
  • GrayWolf323GrayWolf323 Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    can't we just get another version of Eternal Blue already? was hoping for a remake/port of it to PSP after Silver Star Harmony :(
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I think they're going for the World Record of Most Ported Game with Lunar.
  • He Who LurksHe Who Lurks AWESOME! Full Members
    edited April 2011
    GrayWolf323 said:
    was hoping for a remake/port of it to PSP after Silver Star Harmony :(

So was I. Then I heard the new voices in SSH. Then I really didn't care either way.
    I'm He Who Lurks, and I'm AWESOME!
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    They've still got a looong way to go before they catch up with Ys.

But I can tell they're working on it!
  • ashuashu Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    At least Ys has an actual library of games to pick and choose from. As far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 Lunar games.

Maybe they could, you know, make a new one. Properly.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited April 2011
    ashu said:
    At least Ys has an actual library of games to pick and choose from. As far as I'm concerned, there are only 2 Lunar games.

Maybe they could, you know, make a new one. Properly.

What are you talking about? There were only 2 Lunar games to begin with, and a bunch of remakes of them.

Don't correct me on this one, we shall not speak of that one atrocity.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    There was a GBA version? I know not of what you speak of.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    imercenary said:

Yup GBA, Lunar Legend. I owned it and nearly beat it

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
    edited April 2011
    Pyrofrost said:
    I would say FFIV completely beats Lunar: The Silver Star in the number of remakes/ports. Lunar is trying to catch up, but still has a ways to go.
    Which is a shame to say about FFIV because to me it's the second best FF game in the series, but now it has been completely run into the ground.

Eh, well at least the greatest (FFVI) is not being completely massacred as well.

That hasn't happened to it YET.
    User Database Check
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2011
    imercenary said:

You are fortunate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Lucent85Lucent85 New Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Pyrofrost said:
    Yeah, knowing SE they are preparing to announce the "enhanced" remake for the 3DS
    Then they will wait till mid next year and have one ready to announce for the NGP >.>
    This is what Capcom seems to be doing with several of their IPs. I mean, how many consoles will Resident Evil 4 be on? And Street Fighter? =/
    edited April 2011
    Pyrofrost said:
    I mean, your getting this pov from a guy that also loathes the wave of excess multi-platform gaming we are getting this gen; because I think competition is a good thing.
    Yeah, there aren't many exclusives anymore. So it's really come down to your preference of genre and series. I own both a PS3 and 360, but I prefer my PS3 overall. If it wasn't for Lost Odyssey and The Dishwasher games, I probably wouldn't have a 360 anymore. And, well, I guess I have to keep it for Vesperia, too, seeing as how the PS3 version will most likely never come stateside.
    edited April 2011
    Pyrofrost said:
    I mean, your getting this pov from a guy that also loathes the wave of excess multi-platform gaming we are getting this gen; because I think competition is a good thing.

But isn't that a good thing for competition? In the past, if you wanted to play a specific game, you had to own the specific console it was made for, regardless of how crappy the console was. Nowadays you can pick your console based on how good the console is and then pick up the games you want for it. (ok, that's not universally true, but it is for most PS3/360 games) Gives the console manufacturers a reason to actually make their consoles better.
  • setsunasetsuna New Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Don't correct me on this one, we shall not speak of that one atrocity.
    Which atrocity? Strolling School or Genesis? What really surprises me is that, like the original Silver Star and Eternal Blue, Strolling School was the only other game made by Studio Alex. So I can't even say it was just Studio Alex's departure that ruined the series.

I agree, there were only two Lunar games, and they were both for the Mega CD. Everything after was about making a quick buck on the series' name. I'm shocked the franchise even holds any value anymore.
    It is currently not known if it will be based on the original Sega CD, the PSX, or the recent PSP version
    As if they would ever remake the Mega CD version. They've changed so much, nobody would even recognize it without the fourteen extra characters, without the extra two hours of nonsensical story and made-up previous villains, without the heat-seeking visible enemies, with a real world map (that has enemy battles), with orchestral red book audio, etc etc.
    It would be nice if Game Arts would work on a Lunar 3 rather than the wave of remakes, lol
    I just wish they'd let the series rest already. It's been too long from Mega CD Eternal Blue until now. A Lunar 3 made by contemporary standards wouldn't be anything at all like the original games, to the point you may as well call it something else, or call another game Lunar 3. Nobody would know the difference.
  • HJ+HJ+ Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    I'm hoping for an FFVI remake with arranged music and shiny new graphics. Seriously, remakes are great, just look at the DQ trilogy on the DS, or the new Tactics Ogre remake. I don't really care if they're milking a game as long as they still do the remake properly. And if you consider the fact that the original games they put out these days (like FFXIII and 3rd Birthday) are trash, then remakes are even more desirable.
  • FudorahZubatFudorahZubat Monster Lover Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Pyrofrost said:
    It would be nice if Game Arts would work on a Lunar 3 rather than the wave of remakes, lol

*coughDragonSongcough*

I'm actually on your opposite as my preferred console between PS3/360 is the 360. I don't know what it is with my console but when playing the PS3 the colors have a bad habit of fading to green every few minutes until you wiggle the cables and it resets (the same cables work fine with the 360).

But when it comes down to it I like being given the choice, so I'm in favor of the mutli-platforming.

As for Lunar, I'd much rather see a remake of the Eternal Blue. With the recent PSP remake of Silver Star I was able to get my younger sister into the series (13 year age gape, oi!) but if I want to show off Eternal Blue to her I'd still have to find my dusty box of PSX games.
  • SpartakusSpartakus One Knight Stand Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Careface. Game Arts can get started with an Eternal Blue remake, and try to go easy on the loading times this time.

I believe Lunar: Dragon Song/Genesis is intended as the third Lunar game.
    Currently playing:
    Legend of Dragoon | Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin | Samurai Warriors 4| Metro: Last Light Redux
    edited April 2011
    Minneyar said:
    But isn't that a good thing for competition? In the past, if you wanted to play a specific game, you had to own the specific console it was made for, regardless of how crappy the console was. Nowadays you can pick your console based on how good the console is and then pick up the games you want for it. (ok, that's not universally true, but it is for most PS3/360 games) Gives the console manufacturers a reason to actually make their consoles better.

Good points.
  • storino03storino03 Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    But wasn't Lunar: Dragon Song, following the story of Silver Star Story, or am I mistaken? I have it sealed yet, and don't plan on playing it anytime soon.
    www.backloggery.com/storino03
  • gdawgtukgdawgtuk Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    This calls for celebration!

*listens to his remix*
    edited April 2011
    Pyrofrost said:
    1. I like the idea of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo bidding and fighting tooth and nail to get "X" game exclusive to their system to lure customers.
    I think the problem with this is that the winner of this contest isn't the best company, but the company with the most money. The Xbox and 360 got a lot of exclusives (or temporary exclusives) early in their lives because Microsoft could afford to throw money at developers. It was good for Microsoft at the time, but later, many of those temporary exclusives got releases on other consoles that were better than the Xbox versions...
    2. I like the idea of games not being watered down due to being multi-platform, because devs are trying to make sure the version on the PS3 is not better than the 360 version or vice versa. The devs can concentrate solely on crafting the game around the console that it's exclusive to. I personally feel that an exclusive game usually leads to a better manufactured game, not always but usually.
    That's a good point -- if a game is being developed as a multiplatform game, usually you have one platform that is the "target" platform, and the others are secondary efforts, so they usually end up suffering for it. (see Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII ...)
    edited April 2011
    FudorahZubat said:
    *coughDragonSongcough*
    IT BURNS! THOSE WORDS BURN! *is set ablaze from it being spoken of* /joke

On a serious note, I hate that game with a PASSION. It's mostly the final boss and the gameplay that do that to me, though.
    FudorahZubat said:
    As for Lunar, I'd much rather see a remake of the Eternal Blue. With the recent PSP remake of Silver Star I was able to get my younger sister into the series (13 year age gape, oi!) but if I want to show off Eternal Blue to her I'd still have to find my dusty box of PSX games.
    Agreed. I want a remake of this so badly for the PSP to go with Silver Star Harmony. Because I could always use more Lucia.
    Spartakus said:
    Careface. Game Arts can get started with an Eternal Blue remake, and try to go easy on the loading times this time.

I believe Lunar: Dragon Song/Genesis is intended as the third Lunar game.
    IT WILL NEVER BE THE THIRD ONE! It's the equivalent of Snake's Revenge.
    storino03 said:
    But wasn't Lunar: Dragon Song, following the story of Silver Star Story, or am I mistaken? I have it sealed yet, and don't plan on playing it anytime soon.
    You are mistaken. It was a prequel...during a time when Beastmen ruled over all.
    Pyrofrost said:
    I feel more about Lunar: Dragon Song like I feel about SMT: Strange Journey.
    I would say they are set in the series but I don't believe Dragon Song is Lunar 3 and I don't believe Strange Journey is SMT4.
    I have to agree with you on Dragon Song. I don't believe it to be Lunar 3 either. Strange Journey, I'd have to play first.
    User Database Check