If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 172: "Fezzes are Cool"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited April 2011 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 172: "Fezzes are Cool"

We learn about Taco Bell meat, Fezzes, and how to solve problems. As part of that, RPGamer gives the definitive solution for tablet gaming. Then, it gets real as Sony talks about babysitting and Gamestop buys Impulse.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/172

RPGCast streams live, sometimes on Friday at 10 PM Eastern / 7 PM Pacific, usually on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Fezzes are Cool"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
Subscribe your Zune: Zune Player Link

----------------------------

Download GDawkTUK's Soothed Soul, as heard on this week's show, here: http://www.rpgamer.com/rpgcast/usermusic/GDawgTUK%20-%20Soothed-Soul-%5BRPGamer.com%5D.mp3

Comments

• noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    muh favorite RPG game plushie is my cactuar! it's posable. i try to keep it away from kirby, though. non-RPG speaking it's my kirby plushie. non-game related is my renji doll. <3 hurray!
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Tan tan tan! lol First time I heard that Tidus is pronounced as Tidas and that's something new to me as for man
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Game related is my King Slime Plushie, non-game would be chappy from Bleach. I really want a King Slime bean bag.
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    I own a ton of gaming related plushies, but the latest one I acquired came from Ocelot who managed to grab me one of these babies while at PAX East: http://twitpic.com/4h8zbi :)
    edited April 2011
    oh cool, you have a chappy plushie? pics!
  • Just DougJust Doug Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Chris, as always, was the master of the segue.

I enjoyed the "Soothed Soul" musical interlude there. I don't trust myself to spell the guy's handle right, but good job, dude!

As for plushies, I've always wanted a FFXI Goblin plushie... but I don't own one. I wish I did. How ironic!--wait, no, never mind.

Actually, come to think of it, the only miscellaneous swag I've gotten with a game that wasn't the typical sort--a disc, a book, or some other paper good like postcards or the totally amazing Tactics Ogre tarot cards--was the Junpei baseball cap with Persona 3 Portable. I could go for more hats as pre-order bonuses!
    "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Shakespeare, Hamlet Act I, Scene 5

"You need mad bank for lobster cash." - Sabin1001
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited April 2011
    My favorite game-related plus is my Charizard. Non-Pok
    Reincarnation, realization
  • RosestormRosestorm Host of The Sectorcast Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Here is a pic noodle, it is actually a plushie hat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9[/ATTACH]
    Deputy Editor of Gamersector.com
    Check out my podcast Sectorcast, http://gamersector.com/podcast/sectorcast
    A lie would be considered the truth if only more people believed it.
    edited April 2011
    oh that's so cute!

here's a pic of my renji plushie.

http://twitpic.com/4801yu
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    That is the most constipated looking plushie ever. you sure he didn't spend too much time with the dragonball z plushies?
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I have a bunch of old Pokemon plushies from the turn of the century: two Eevee, a Cyndaquil, a Togepi, and a Butterfree. I have more somewhere; these are the only ones I keep around.
  • otakudensetsuotakudensetsu Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    the music track was quite alright.

my rahou plush is the only plush i own, y'know the one that came with devil summoner 2? that's a plush ain't it?

so turns out everything i called an april fools prank was an april fools prank and i got banned for it..??? nice one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    I have a Tonberry and Hero Prinny plushie, as seen in this photo. I'm more of a model kit collector, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Quin said:
    I have a Tonberry and Hero Prinny plushie, as seen in this photo. I'm more of a model kit collector, though.

the one in the center is frm valkyrie profile right? Its beautiful eitherway.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    edited April 2011
    VonBeardly said:
    the one in the center is frm valkyrie profile right? Its beautiful eitherway.

Yeah, that's Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile. That one and the Wing Zero Custom to the left actually belong to my housemate, not me. On that shelf, I only own the two plushies and the Hi-Nu Gundam model kit (The one on the right).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited April 2011
    Plushies.... Oh no... Well I kind of remember seeing one of a Rabbite very long a go in a friend house.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • rydia of the mistrydia of the mist Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I have, for game plushies wise: An Axel, espon, and a moogle.. Non game wise.. uh lots and lots of fma ones XD a misa from Death note and .. many other plushes from other series @_@ Plushies.. my weakness at anime cons >_>;;;
  • EmeraldSuzakuEmeraldSuzaku Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    My only video game plushy is a Vivi plushy.

Though, I'm partial to Quin's Hi-Nu kit. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings about my closet full of gunpla awaiting assembly.
    edited April 2011
    EmeraldSuzaku said:
    My only video game plushy is a Vivi plushy.

Though, I'm partial to Quin's Hi-Nu kit. It gives me warm fuzzy feelings about my closet full of gunpla awaiting assembly.

Good Luck with those.
    I'm still annoyed that I've been unable to finish my 1/100 Strike Freedom Gundam (The series sucked but the mech design was pretty darn good) due to a slightly defective part in one of the wing sections. I need to put a replacement sprue order in with Hobbylink Japan, but I've got no idea how long that'll take to get fufilled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    otakudensetsu said:
    so turns out everything i called an april fools prank was an april fools prank and i got banned for it..??? nice one...

friendly warning: dredging up things that got you banned tends to get you banned again.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I know how we can power all these gaming devices! It's time to start toping!

[video=youtube;ED3qoGEiWcU]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
    edited April 2011
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    That is the most constipated looking plushie ever. you sure he didn't spend too much time with the dragonball z plushies?

that's renji for you. he's always grumpy. which is why i love him so much.

[QUOTE=Quin]I have a Tonberry and Hero Prinny plushie, as seen in this photo. I'm more of a model kit collector, though.

omg! tonberry plushie! i love the tonberries in FFXI. i want one.
    edited April 2011
    Quin said:
    Good Luck with those.
    I'm still annoyed that I've been unable to finish my 1/100 Strike Freedom Gundam (The series sucked but the mech design was pretty darn good) due to a slightly defective part in one of the wing sections. I need to put a replacement sprue order in with Hobbylink Japan, but I've got no idea how long that'll take to get fufilled.

A friend of mine want the Shinanju from Gundam Unicorn but the price scares. Yeah model kit figures are better than plushies every time every day.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited April 2011
    My favorite is of course, Smugleaf. As you can tell by his position of leadership over all the others.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    The Cat From Under The Boxes(tm) not included.
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited April 2011
    ok that Curtis prinny is awesome. Sadly I only have the plushie from devil summoner 2. I do however have a reaaly cool dragon quest slime controller for my ps2, still never opened it.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
    edited April 2011
    You will need a good Vacuum Cleaner and a plastic bag to keep them dust free. Rainbow Vacuums are very good.
  • Xybec KattaXybec Katta Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    I could never hold onto plushes since my kids always seemed to find them and wreak them. My favorite was my Yoshi but sadly he was sacrificed to the dogs by my oldest when she was 3.
    I always pronounce mana wrong because that was how I was told it was said. Same thing with JigaWatts in Back to the Future, their expert told them that is how it was said. I'm afraid it is to burned into my brain to change it now so if saying it wrong bothers you, I apologize humble and I don't mean to offend.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

XBox Live: Xybec Katta
    PSN: Yeltu
    Steam: Xybec Katta
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited April 2011
    That's a pretty awesome collection there, Chris. All you need is Mario, Luigi and a Piplup. Maybe a Torchic too....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • otakudensetsuotakudensetsu Banned Banned Users
    edited April 2011
    sabin1001 said:
    My favorite is of course, Smugleaf. As you can tell by his position of leadership over all the others.

gotta catch em all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]