If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter Lands in Europe

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited April 2011 in Latest Updates
Ever wanted to pilot a giant mecha while being a fluffy puppy? Well, Solatorobo is landing in Europe later this year, and get ready for a bumpy ride.

Story

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited April 2011
    I will rage if it doesn't come to the NA shores. Mostly because I've been wanting to get the game since it was announced.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • MinneyarMinneyar Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Don't forget that it's the spiritual successor to Tail Concerto!

It'd feel so weird to be importing two games from Europe... (assuming that Xenoblade doesn't get a US release)
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    Hooray for a translation, at least. I've no problem importing it if I have to.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
  • LynxkLynxk New Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    These are great news! I've been dying to get my hands on it since I saw the japanese trailer :D It seems they got a thing for the French accent but thats fine :p (Never played tail concerto though :O) I just wish they'd keep the theme songs the same cuz theyre awsome ^^
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    O_O

Y'know, I was looking for an excuse to buy this anyway.... Might as well be for an "import impression".
    edited April 2011
    I just discovered that apparently this is a "DSi-enhanced" title, which means it's region locked if you're playing it on a DSi, XL, or 3DS. >:-(

At least my wife still has a DS Lite.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Well, if it doesn't come to North America, I know I'll be importing it for sure. :)

@Gaijin: You didn't think this one was potentially coming over at all?
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Two words - Bandai Namco.
    edited April 2011
    The two most evil words in the gaming industry.
    User Database Check
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    The two most evil words in the gaming industry.

I thought those were "Bobby Kotick"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • rydia of the mistrydia of the mist Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    They did a Sailor Moon ds game. My friends said it comes out in Italy soon, maybe NA next. I looked up the game saw who made it and told if she wants it, she won't be buying it here. She damned me for telling her that lol
    edited April 2011
    Quin said:
    I thought those were "Bobby Kotick"
    To be perfectly honest, I forgot who he is because I don't care about Blizzard or Activision. But having reminded myself, yeah, he IS it.
    rydia of the mist said:
    They did a Sailor Moon ds game. My friends said it comes out in Italy soon, maybe NA next. I looked up the game saw who made it and told if she wants it, she won't be buying it here. She damned me for telling her that lol

A SAILOR MOON DS GAME!? DAMN YOU BAMCO! DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say, I like Sailor Moon.
    User Database Check
  • rydia of the mistrydia of the mist Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    They released like 3 or 4 Fma games in Japan. Sadly we only got one of them. Fma is only anime series, well besides dot hack, I play the games for. And that's because it's my favorite. I love the 2 ps2 Fma games a lot ore then some popular rpgs.. and that's because I love the show so much, controlling the chracters made it so much fun for me, plus seeing More things of them :) So wanting a Sailor Moo game is understandable :)
  • caddyalancaddyalan Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    There's been a thread about Solatorobo on the "licence requests" section of Atlus's forum for quite some time. I'm not sure if Atlus is capable or willing to license other companies' DS games at this time...

That said, I imported Last Window, and it works on my original DS. So if I'm not broke, then someday soon I might import Solatorobo as well.
    edited April 2011
    caddyalan said:
    There's been a thread about Solatorobo on the "licence requests" section of Atlus's forum for quite some time. I'm not sure if Atlus is capable or willing to license other companies' DS games at this time...

That said, I imported Last Window, and it works on my original DS. So if I'm not broke, then someday soon I might import Solatorobo as well.

It's more on the lines of Bamco has to let Atlus localize the game. So if they say no, it's not happening. That's why we have never gotten Super Robot Taisen: Original Generations for the PS2, or that Super Robot Taisen game starring Masou. Bamco refuses to let anybody else touch them.
    User Database Check
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited April 2011
    caddyalan said:
    I imported Last Window, and it works on my original DS. So if I'm not broke, then someday soon I might import Solatorobo as well.

There's actually two things there: 1) The original DS and DS Lite have no region locks, only the DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS have region locks. 2) The region locks only apply to DSi enhanced and DSi exclusive games, and Last Window is neither, so even if it was played on a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS, it would work fine regardless of region.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Atlus has worked on Namco games in the past (they brought over Summon Night: Twin Age), so there IS a chance. XSEED is a possibility too, having done Fragile Dreams and Retro Game Challenge. That said, Namco Bandai is extremely reluctant to hand over licensing rights for ANY of their properties, so I wouldn't count on seeing this in NA unless Namco decides to do it themselves.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Well, Namco is letting Nintendo Europe touch this one, so perhaps they're also in talks with NOA.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited April 2011
    One can only hope, Ocelot.
    User Database Check
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Come someone explain to me exactly what this game is? Looks interesting.
    edited April 2011
    Spiritual Successor to Tail Concerto, if that gives you the most simple idea behind it.
    User Database Check
    edited April 2011
    Wheels said:
    Come someone explain to me exactly what this game is? Looks interesting.

Think Mega Man Legends with furries and mecha.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2011
    Minneyar said:
    Think Mega Man Legends with furries and mecha.

Presumably without awful PS1 era 3D? :P